PDA

View Full Version : Designer2 Deleting Panels

Wilhelm
July 3rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
NRD Build 13
After deleteing a Panel/frame with buttons on it. I get the message (Translated from German)

"There was a problem saving the ccf (The given key could not be found in the dictionary)"

After that, the CCF is useless. I've had that error over and over again after editing. Today I save the ccf after every action with a new name, so if that's happening I have a fallback.

Rob H
July 3rd, 2009, 09:16 AM
I'll check it out, sorry about that

Rob H
July 3rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
I can't reproduce this here either with the release build or my development build - what format is the CCF in?

What else did you do to the CCF?

Is there anything special about the buttons? e.g. are they ordinary NetRemote buttons or implemented by a plugin?

Manser
July 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Had the same here, but I can't say what I've done then. Sorry
The problem is that this error only appears if you press the save button.

Rob H
July 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
I'll see what I can do to make the saving process more robust though.

e.g. if this happens when attempting to save then try saving to another filename, but ignore these errors.

I may also see if I can get NRD to save the history to a file so that I can track the session, which will help when reproducing the error.

Wilhelm
July 3rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
There is no ignore button in the dialog. This seems to be a "home made" error message.
Anyway if you ignore it, the reulting file is not loadable any more.

I tried to delete single panels, sometime the comlete device. Perhaps it is connected to an undefined alias after deleting?

Rob H
July 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
Yes, that's possible an alias might do it

re the 'Ignore', I was referring to a future version of NRD

Wilhelm
July 4th, 2009, 02:12 AM
So have you identified the problem yet?
Otherwise I could send you a ccf with a desciption how to destoy it.
Thanks

Rob H
July 4th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Not found it yet, so an example would be great.

Wilhelm
July 5th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Rob,

I spent the whole afternoon trying to make a testcase for you. Unfortunately I didn't succeed. I took the version of my ccf that crashed 3 times when deleting panels but I couldn't reduce it to a simple case. There must be other side effects / editing actions that cause this but I cant't figure out what theese where.
I'll keep you posted, if I come up with a reproducable scenario.
Cheers

Rob H
July 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Okay, thanks. That probably explains why I've had no luck in reproducing it here yet either.

vitello
October 10th, 2009, 06:05 PM
NRD Build 13
After deleteing a Panel/frame with buttons on it. I get the message (Translated from German)

"There was a problem saving the ccf (The given key could not be found in the dictionary)"

After that, the CCF is useless. I've had that error over and over again after editing. Today I save the ccf after every action with a new name, so if that's happening I have a fallback.

I'm having the "There was a problem saving the ccf (The given key could not be found in the dictionary)" problem also. I'm using version 2.0.0.14. This error is happening very frequently
all of a sudden. Even if I just delete a button.

Peter

Rob H
October 10th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Can you try build 15, although I'm not sure this includes the new saving recovery code.

vitello
October 11th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Rob,

I'll give it a try. I know of one thing that I am doing that may be causing troubles. Often
I have been using font sizes like Pronto 4 point, which is not a listed size. This seems to work
but does trigger an error message. Could this be causing some kind of corruption?

Peter

Rob H
October 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
That shouldn't be a problem.

vitello
October 12th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Rob,

Good.

I've been using build 15 for a couple of hours and so far no saving failures.
I'm setting up a new tv so I decided to clean up my ccf a bit. I'll be doing a lot
of editing over the new couple of weeks. This will give me a good chance to see
if the error crops up again (I really hope it doesn't). I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for all the work on NR. The improvements are appreciated.

Peter

Rob H
October 12th, 2009, 06:44 AM
That's a good start at least :)

Barf
October 13th, 2009, 12:53 PM
The file http://www.bengt-martensson.de/harc/silly.ccf
reproducibly demonstrates the problem, at least on my system (German Vista Home Premium SP2, using ND build 15 ). Open the file in a fresh ND. Note that on the front page, the button denoted "Sub" has a valid jump command. Now in the tree, right click the page group "8ch_analog_switch" and delete it. There will be an error popup "System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs". Now try to save. This produces the previously mentionend error message in a mixture of English and absolutely unintelligible (Microsoft-)German. The original file is left intact and a new file silly.ccf.new is created. Renaming this file to something sensible and opening with ND reveals that the jump from the home page Sub-button has now become invalid.

Rob H
October 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks for that, it helped enormously to isolate and fix that issue.

vitello
October 15th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Rob,

Version 15 was stable until I tried deleting some pages. Now I'm getting "System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs" errors with each page deletion.
I think I'll wait until your next update before continuing.

Good luck with the debugging.

Peter

Rob H
October 16th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Those aren't too much of a problem. Did you have any of the deleted pages open in tabs? I think I've fixed that particular issue, but it shouldn't cause a problem with saving the CCF.

Maybe try a test save to a different filename.

vitello
October 17th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Rob,

After deleting a number of pages (none were open), with each delete giving me
a "System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs" error, I tried to save the CCF to a
new name. What I got was the following error message:

There was a problem saving the CCF (The given key was not present in the dictionary.).
The original file has been restored. The original file is fine and a new corrupted _new.ccf file was created.

I was able to reproduce this problem with the silly.ccf file that Barf uploaded.
I deleted a few pages and then tried to save. Same error messages. The saved file created is corrupted.

Peter

Rob H
October 17th, 2009, 11:07 AM
These are actually two separate bugs. The System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs exception is in an event handler that tries to close any open tabs for the page that you've just deleted - unfortunately it wasn't checking to see if the tab was already open.

The save issue is normally caused by a jump action to the deleted page that is no longer resolvable.

I believe that I have both of these fixed in the next build.

vitello
October 26th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Rob,

Any idea when the next build will be coming out?

Thanks,

Peter

Rob H
October 27th, 2009, 08:23 AM
We'll try to do that this week.

Barf
August 8th, 2010, 11:55 AM
The bug is still there in 2.0.0.17, and it bites.

Open as test file mediabridge_1024x600.ccf (http://www.bengt-martensson.de/harc/mediabridge_1024x600.ccf), note that the home page buttom "Mediabr." works (has a valid jump). Now delete the page group "receiver" in ND. Saving gives the infamous error message. Renaming and opening the thus created mediabridge_1024x600.ccf.new (to be on the safe side, I restarted ND in between) reveals that the jump from the "Mediabr." button has been destroyed.

A possbily related, but even nastier bug occurs is this:

Open the same file, right-click and "Copy" the page group named "mediabridge". Create a new configuration with File -> New, I here select Custon 1024 x 600. Right click "Page Groups" and select "Paste". There is now a page group "mediabridge Copy", so far so good. Save as, e.g. x.ccf, still everything OK (Mine is http://www.bengt-martensson.de/harc/x.ccf) . Exit ND, open it again. I now get an new, "interesting" error message "Das Element wurde bereits hingefügt. Schlüssel in Wörterbuch: "490427". Hinzufügende Schlüssel: "490427"" (The element was already added. Key in dictionary: 490427. Key to be added: 490427 -- don't you just love Microsoft's (often completely erroneously) localized error messages?) After clicking away the error message popup ND goes into an infinite loop and never returns. (Windows 7 Home Premium German 32 bit)

The last few months I have spent quite some time with ND and NR; and these kind of bugs are really annoying. And they bite quite often.