PDA

View Full Version : Lingering editing handles

JackatCV
July 13th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I recently started trying to use the new NetRemote Designer (2.0.0.13), but it doesn't seem to quite work. I love the LUA editing improvements, but I can't figure out how to add actions to a button or edit other things. Also, the little "floating handles" that popup when I select an element seem to linger even after I'm no longer working on that element.

Rob H
July 13th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Do you see the property grid? Or possibly a tab on the right-hand side of the window that says Properties? That's where you edit the properties of an element.

I've been struggling to fix the floating handles, finally managed to fix that issue today.

JackatCV
July 13th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I see the file tree window on the left hand side of the screen. I can see all of the elements, but when I try to double click on them, nothing happens.
When I go back to the old version, everything works fine.

The floating handle things were a bit annoying, but not really problematic.
Since I had to go back to previous version to continue my editing, I'm not setup well to do more troubleshooting. If you have a newer version that you'd like me to try, I'd be happy to update my system and see what happens.

Regards,
Jack

Rob H
July 13th, 2009, 04:21 PM
There should be a property grid somewhere which should look like this (using the Dark Side skin)

JackatCV
July 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Yes it did look sort of like that, although I was using the default color scheme so the colors were lighter. I think I see now. I need to be editing the actual properties inside the property menu. I was double clicking on the elements and expecting the old popup menu to apear. I guess I'll try again.

You said you had fixed the "floating handle" problem, does that mean you'll be posting a new version soon? If so, I think I'd rather wait.

Regards,
Jack

Rob H
July 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I believe I've fixed it, yes.

There should be a new version sometime this week, not sure when.