PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Center Foreground Only

JackRazz
July 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm trying to get Girder (3.2.9) working with Windows Media Center (Win7). I can get it to work correctly except for one major stumbling block. I can only get girder to send keyboard commands when the target is set to Send to foreground task.

The PC I'm using has a dual monitor (LCD and TV), so I want girder to send commands to WMC even though it may not be the foreground task.

I've tried using the Window Name (Windows Media Center), Class Name (eHome Render Window) and executable (ehshell.exe), but haven't had any luck. I've tried it with keyboard commands and windows messages (WParam & LParam), but still cannot get it to work.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Thanks - Jack

dumetre
May 20th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Did you ever get this figured out? I am running into this same issue.

JackRazz
May 21st, 2010, 12:47 AM
hey dumetre,
No, I never found anything that good to solve that problem. I ended up using MediaPortal for 6 months and have a girder file for that.

Good Luck - Jack

davidsetton
June 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
hey dumetre,
No, I never found anything that good to solve that problem. I ended up using MediaPortal for 6 months and have a girder file for that.

Good Luck - Jack

I couldn't get this to work either with Girder 5.

Regards,

David

dumetre
June 6th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I am playing around right now adding the set focus action before sending each command but I am afraid that it is going to end up messing with my JRMC setup. Only time will tell though.

davidsetton
June 6th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I am playing around right now adding the set focus action before sending each command but I am afraid that it is going to end up messing with my JRMC setup. Only time will tell though.

Please send me the GML if it works out for you,

David