PDA

View Full Version : Disable "Mediabridge Link ready" message in MCE?

Chillout
August 16th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Hi all,

I'm using a trial version of Netremote and I noticed that each time I start up MediaCenter (XP MCE 2005), I get a pop-up "Mediabridge, Link ready".
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8985/mblr.th.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/i/mblr.jpg/)
I don't necessarily need this information, because it kind of lowers the WAF and it can get quite annoying to see the pop-up every time I start up MCE...

Is there some way to get rid of this message?
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Rob H
August 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM
There's currently no way to turn this off I'm afraid, but it should time out after 3 seconds and since it isn't modal you should be able to ignore it.

Beamer
January 4th, 2010, 04:36 PM
There's currently no way to turn this off I'm afraid, but it should time out after 3 seconds and since it isn't modal you should be able to ignore it.

Rob: I am a long time user of Netremote / Girder and in the last 6 months have started to use MCE for movies along side JRiver for music. The 'Media Bridge Link Ready is now so annoying that I am about to remove Mediabridge in favour of a less intrusive solution!

Simply ignoring the message is not a solution for people that are making the most of their systems. In my case, I use Girder to change frame rates on the fly but this dammed message pops up for a few seconds screwing up macros etc This is due to the fact that frame rate changes are only initiated after exiting and then re-entering MCE

I have no choice, I either find a solution to remove Mediabridge pop ups or be forced to lose Netremote!

Why are you guys forcing functionality that detracts from the product?

Please reconsider.

Rob H
January 5th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I've removed this for the next build

Not really sure why it was in there to be honest.

Beamer
January 5th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I've removed this for the next build

Not really sure why it was in there to be honest.

Rob:

Many thanks.

Do you have any idea when the next Mediabridge build is due?

Rob H
January 5th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hopefully within the next week

yamy125
January 6th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Perfect, thanks Rob.

It was kind of annoying but have never really had an issue with it, but understand why other may have. All in all a nice result.

speedbump49
February 2nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Rob, Where does that a new release of NR you mention two posts up stand? What features/fixes are planned?
Thanks,
-mw

Rob H
February 2nd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Currently waiting for Ron to have some free time to do a build.

I'm hoping to be able to include improved image transformation features in Mediabridge as well - this should include the possibility of performing multiple transformations, e.g. to transform the cover image to a known size, and also more complex perspective transformations.

There's also improved support for various versions of JRMC (and Media Jukebox).

I'll have to check the change log for NR to see what, if anything much, has changed there.

speedbump49
February 2nd, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hey Ron, If its not too late, can you look at implementing a full command set for WMC into mediabridge. While I'm not the expert, looking at the current command set, it looks like XP MCE command set and I'm almost certain there is a few more commands in Vista/Win7 version. I'm not able to get the popup keyboard which is built into WMC to show up using any mediabridge commands.

Thanks,
-mw

Rob H
February 3rd, 2010, 08:41 AM
Can't promise that will make it into the next version, but I'll investigate.

speedbump49
February 4th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks Rob,

This is the new built-in keyboard feature I'm having trouble triggering with NR. BTW, I'm not looking to call it ondemand, just want to activiate the keyboard where the hook already exists in WMC, such as typing a search string in the search dialog box of WMC.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee525851.aspx

And Just in case you don't have this info from other sources, here's some general sample C++ code from MS.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb417079.aspx

Beamer
May 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Hopefully within the next week

Rob

Any news on the launch of the reworked Mediabridge?

Chris

Rob H
May 17th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I'm currently waiting for some feedback from beta testers.

Beamer
July 13th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Rob

Has development stopped?

I'm still waiting on the mediabridge fix. If NR 2 is not ready, would it be possible for you to let me have the mediabridge as a stand alone update?

This is a show stopper for me as I had to remove mediabridge earlier in the year due to the silly pop up window within WMC screwing up everything.

Thanks
Chris

Beamer
July 19th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Can anyone advise!

Rob

Has development stopped?

I'm still waiting on the mediabridge fix. If NR 2 is not ready, would it be possible for you to let me have the mediabridge as a stand alone update?

This is a show stopper for me as I had to remove mediabridge earlier in the year due to the silly pop up window within WMC screwing up everything.

Thanks
Chris

justinm001
July 23rd, 2010, 01:17 PM
seriously? it's only on there for like 30 seconds then it goes away. Even if it doesn't go away you can just click OK. I don't like it there but I sure wouldn't call it a show stopper. I'm assuming next month it'll be fixed. Thats when they might add CE6.0 support.

Beamer
July 23rd, 2010, 01:23 PM
seriously? it's only on there for like 30 seconds then it goes away. Even if it doesn't go away you can just click OK. I don't like it there but I sure wouldn't call it a show stopper. I'm assuming next month it'll be fixed. Thats when they might add CE6.0 support.

With respect, if you read the whole thread and you have an understanding of Girder macros, you may also understand that in some circumstances it actually is a show stopper.

Please read threads in their entirety before making comment.

justinm001
July 23rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
With respect, if you read the whole thread and you have an understanding of Girder macros, you may also understand that in some circumstances it actually is a show stopper.

Please read threads in their entirety before making comment.

I did but you make it seem like its the end of the world. Can't you just make your macro hit enter to remove the popup?

Also, why change framerates? I'm assuming it's for 24fps instead of 60hertz. Does it actually make much difference? When watching blurays on the PS3 its 24fps but when ripped on my HTPC it's at 60hertz, and I don't really see a difference.

Rob H
August 2nd, 2010, 05:05 AM
Sorry, not been around lately for a variety of reasons.

I'm not sure that the latest Mediabridge will work properly with your version of NR - there are one or two changes to the communication protocol that would probably cause problems.

Beamer
August 2nd, 2010, 05:33 AM
Sorry, not been around lately for a variety of reasons.

I'm not sure that the latest Mediabridge will work properly with your version of NR - there are one or two changes to the communication protocol that would probably cause problems.

Rob

Are you referencing an updated version 2 or is the new release going to version 3? (hopefully not)

Do you know when we can expect the next version ?

Thanks
Chris