PDA

View Full Version : new setup with ipaq hw6900

moos
September 8th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Hi all,

foa i must say that i am a total newbie in this. i ve read through some posts and articles and i think girder+nr might be my solution.

i am not sure how to put this through so here is what i have and i want.

i have a pc and and old pci tv card(play tv pro - bt878) a satellite receiver connected to this tv card for capturing. also i have an ipaq hw6900 which i use for nothing. i need to be able to run a pvr software like beyond tv and i can do that. but i need to be able to change the channels on the receiver and the only way to do that is to emit the ir signals for that.

i think the usb-uirt can do that, but i dont want to spend money on the hardware, i d rather use the hardware i currently have and buy some software to run it.

so is there any way for me to use my ipaq hw6900 to change the channels of the receiver using the netremote and/or girder?

thanks in advance.

Rob H
September 8th, 2009, 08:06 AM
If Girder is running on the same PC as BeyondTV then it should be able to change the channels. And providing the iPaq has WiFi then it will be able to talk to Girder

moos
September 8th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Hi Rob,

thanks, so how will i be able to use the ipaq s ir? can the ir be shared as a service over wifi?

thanks again.

Rob H
September 8th, 2009, 09:13 AM
You can't use the IR on the iPaq I'm afraid - the library code we used to use to provide IR support on the PPC was licensed from a third party, who withdrew the license some time ago.

The idea is to use Girder to directly control BeyondTV with no IR involved anywhere

moos
September 9th, 2009, 07:48 PM
oh, so do you know a way to control the ipaq's IR over wifi?

thanks

Rob H
September 10th, 2009, 06:19 AM
No, sorry.