PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Input?

Falco
September 21st, 2009, 09:23 PM
I've got a USB-UIRT receiver and am using a remote that came with my capture card (WinTV-HVR 1800). I successfully set up the receiver and remote in GIrder. The problem is when I press a button on the remote, it does and then undoes the command. For instance, when I hit MUTE, I can watch my volume mute and then unmute.

Is this because of frequency cross-over in the receiver? Maybe the signal is being picked up by both sensors in the receiver - I know there are a couple bandwidths that it receives.

I am pressing the button gently, it's not like I'm mashing it. Not sure what's going on here.

Rob H
September 22nd, 2009, 08:52 AM
There should be an anti-repeat setting in there somewhere - I think you can set it either on the event in question or globally in the USB-UIRT configuration page.

Falco
September 22nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
Well, I tried fooling around with the plugin setting for USB-UIRT and messing with the repeat milliseconds didn't do any good. Here's what happens in the log window with one button press of MUTE on my remote:

Falco
September 23rd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Any ideas?

Falco
October 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
So, any ideas?

Rob H
October 4th, 2009, 06:55 AM
You just need to make sure that your event handlers only work on the down event and not on the repeat.

Rob H
October 4th, 2009, 09:31 AM
You just need to make sure that your event handlers only work on the down event and not on the repeat.