PDA

View Full Version : Sending PPC Kestrokes to PC

dani.nedan
October 2nd, 2009, 11:31 PM
Hey there....

on the default Skin for the PPC there is a page that contains Keyboard and Mouse control.

The Mouse Control works perfect and the arrow on my pc moves smoothly.

When I click on the button PPC Keyboard, the Keyboard on my handheld pops up.

BUT NOW: The important question: How can I transfer the keystrokes that I type on my handheld to my PC?

E.g. I klick on my browser addressbar and want to navigate to a webpage and I would like to enter the new address on my PPC and send it to the computer.....

Any ideas?? Thanks a lot for your help....

harleydude
October 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Check this post, might apply to your situation as well.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19462

dani.nedan
October 6th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks a lot harleydude.... That did trick.

Now I have only one problem left:

It seems that the component "girder mouse and keyboard" needs to be focused for the transfer of keyboard strokes to work.

Meaning:

I have on my page:

1. A button that toggles the ppc keyboard
2. Another button / area with the mouse and keyboard component which I use to move the mouse on my computer.

What happens now is: when I click on the button "show ppc keyboard" the mouse and keyboard component looses focus and keystrokes don't show up in the log windows of grider on the computer and aren't transferred (of course)
However, if after clicking on "show ppc keyboard" I click on the mouse and keyboard component again it seems like it wins the focus back and when I press a letter afterwards it is transferred to the host computer.

I already tried to program two actions in the button "show ppc keyboard" whereas the first toggles the keyboard and the second jumps back to mouse and keyboard component button but it seems like this doesn't give the focus back to the component

Is there any way to set the focus on the component automatically so that I don't have to manually click on it after toggling the ppc keyboard?

Thanks for your help!!!

harleydude
October 6th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I think Rob will have to chime in and answer that one.

Rob H
October 6th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I'll try to take a look at this.

dani.nedan
October 8th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Thank you Rob....