PDA

View Full Version : Netremote Reconnect

hawky358
October 6th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Hi

I am using Netremote with the generic plugin on my PPC. When the PPC goes into standy, the Wi-Fi of course turns off. The server on the PC registers as disconnect and awaits reconnection.

The problem comes in when I take it out of standby, the wifi connects to the network but Netremote still seems to think it is connected to the server, only after around 2 mins does it register the disconnect and then I can reconnect with Netremote (Closing and reopening Netremote also works).

Is there a command or lua code which I can use on my client to force a reconnect? Or just even a disconnect so it doesn't wait for timeout... ?

Just as a note, it worked 100% until I updated the ROM on my PPC, now I have this issue.
So the problem is most likely with the ROM & NR, but I'd rather try to find some sort of workaround than reflashing my PPC just for NR

Rob H
October 6th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I'm fairly sure there's an issue with the networking code somewhere - I wasn't entirely sure whether it was on the NR side or the Girder/Mediabridge side - your post suggests it may be in NR.

I'll see what I can do to fix this.

hawky358
October 6th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks.

Yea like I mentioned I don't use Girder/Mediabridge.
If you need me to check anything which will give more info let me know.

Rob H
October 7th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Out of interest what PPC is it and what ROM version did you upgrade from and to? There may be some clue in the change log between the versions.

hawky358
October 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
The PPC is an HTC Touch Pro

The previous ROM where NR worked 100% was:
Shep's Rom (Winmo 6.5 build 23001)

I upgraded to
Shep's Rom (Winmo 6.5 build 23016)

hawky358
October 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Some feedback:
The problem seems to have gone away.
It's working 100% again. I uninstalled and installed some things on my PPC and it seems to have solved the problem...

I can't say what it was since none of the programs were network related, but anyway it appears that the netremote code was not at fault.

Rob H
October 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for that, it's very curious though isn't it?