PDA

View Full Version : Slider to snap to touched position possible?

yamy125
October 31st, 2009, 05:35 PM
Hi,

Hope I can explain this well enough. I was just wondering it anyone had thoughts on possibility to snap a slider button to a position touched on the slider background?

The only reason I ask is the Clipsal C-Bus default sliders on their touch screens offer this function and it's incredibly handy to jump quickly to values on a slider rather than dragging the sometime fiddly small slider button up/down to the position. It would basically mean the slider button just 'snaps' to the touched position on the slider scale and offers some forgiveness when dragging (as not really dragging the button, but rather the button is snapping to the last touched location and sending that value - even if dragging to that spot).

Any thoughts/comments and coding suggestions (if this is in fact possible) appreciated.

Cheers

Rob H
November 1st, 2009, 06:51 AM
Now there's a coincidence, I was thinking just the same thing last night!

I'll need to think about this, but I suspect it will need to be done in the plugin.

yamy125
November 1st, 2009, 03:47 PM
Just a simple case of great minds thinking alike Rob :) hehe

Good to hear you are after something similar. As mentioned, it works incredibly well on the Clipsal touch panels and it would be great to get the same functionality in NR.

Cheers

jumbodogs
March 26th, 2010, 09:40 AM
This sounds very handy .... anything ever come of it?

Rob H
March 26th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Will be in the next build - I've been working on the new build system the last few days, which has been a bit of a nightmare, but I'm making progress.

yamy125
March 28th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Awesome news Rob!

I was actually just thinking about this again today and what a nice feature it would be. It's incredibly handy on the c-bus touch screens and makes sliders so much more user-friendly.

Cheers

jwilson56
June 25th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Did this build see the light of day?

yamy125
June 26th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Was also just thinking about this again the other day - very frustrating the small slider on a pda without this 'snap' feature.