PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all your help!

mpg732
November 4th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hey Guys, I'm sorry to say I'm about to give up on Netremote and go back to using my pronto remote. Sad to say the problem isn't with netremote, but with hardware. I have a Hp IPAC PPC and its just not doing it for me. They main problem is the PPC loses wireless connection 3-5 per night. Which means of corse that Netremote loses its connection to the host PC running Girder. :(. I have played around with the PPC connections and looked online and it seems to be a common problem with PPC. Second problem is battery life, even with the larger brand new battery and turning off the screen when not in use the PPC only last 4-5 hours were the pronto lasts 5-7 days. I guess my question is, does any one have a solution to the PPC losing connection? If I can get that to work I can live with the battery issue.

Thanks,
Mike

Rob H
November 6th, 2009, 07:09 AM
It may just be that you lose signal strength or that there's intereference from some external source, e.g. a microwave oven. It really should try to re-establish the connection though :(

Not sure what to suggest there.

mpg732
November 6th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Signal strength according to the PPC is always good. I'm with in 10 feet from the router. Unfortunately the PPC does not seems to reconnect. I have to disable the connection on the PPC, re-enable it and wait about 60 seconds. Then most of the time it works. I know the PPC is losing the connection, because I am unable to surf the web as well until I reset it all.