PDA

View Full Version : Date/time codes

rb6879
November 12th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Your NRD documentation talks about NR provided variables as the one below. As I understand this documentation NR.ClockDate will return the value of NR.ClockDate formatted based upon the settings for NR. However, as you have given specific codes also, my assumption is that you can use the codes to override the NR date format default.

If this is correct, please provide the format of the command to take advantage of the codes provided.

NR.ClockDate: Current date in the format specified in Properties / General.

Code
Substitution
Code
Substitution

d
Day of month 1..31
dd
Day of month 01..31

ddd
Day of week "Fri"
dddd
Day of week "Friday"

M
Month 1..12
MM
Month 01..12

MMM
Month "Mar"
MMMM
Month "March"

y
Year 0..99
yy
Year 00..99

yyyy
Year 0000..9999
gg
"BC" or blank

VicVonDoom
November 12th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the forum!

AFAIK you can go to File>General in NetRemote (at the top of NR) and put the type of date/time you favour in there. This in turn will change the variable {NR.ClockDate} to whatever you put in, in the File>General a minute ago...

Give it a whirl, you can't break it much...

Easiest way to try is make a new ccf in NetRemote Designer, Add a frame or button and in the Name box put the name as {NR.ClockDate}

If you change the Date/Time format it'll change in the frame or button you just made.

I use the format ddd in File>General which gives the the current day in the frame or box named {NR.ClockDate}

I believe you can combine the formats to give you the required result....

rb6879
November 12th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your reply.

However I had already discovered that you could set date/time format in the NR settings. I was hoping that I could send the desired format code with the NRClockDate variable via the NRD to override the default format settings in NR.

Oh well.

Maybe something for development to consider.

VicVonDoom
November 12th, 2009, 04:18 PM
If you're lucky rob the code ninja will pipe up in the morning ;)

Rob H
November 12th, 2009, 07:52 PM
This is not configurable from NRD.

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve?

rb6879
November 13th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Just wanted to make sure that all PPC remotes were seeing the identical view. Not really a big deal. Guess I'm just a comtrol freak. :p It was just a misunderstanding of the documentation.