PDA

View Full Version : NetRemote.GetCurrent... question

girlelectr0
November 27th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I'm trying to test the Lua waters through the Interactive Lua Console. When I try to "NetRemote.GetCurrent" anything (PageGroup, Page, Element) it always returns a nil. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It seems like it should be pretty straight forward.

Any tips?

Thanks in Advance.

Rob H
November 28th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Can you show me what commands you're typing?

It all seems to work okay here. e.g.

print(NetRemote.GetCurrentPage())

shows

userdata: 02ABE248

girlelectr0
November 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I was creating a local variable "local mypagename = NetRemote.GetCurrentPage()" and then doing a "print (mypagename)."

But I just tried it without defining the variable as "local" and it works. Thanks. Learning, learning, learning.

While I have you here can I ask another quick question. I was playing with the Flash Plugin last night and it worked very well and was much quicker to set-up than I imagined. The problem is that I need to be able to put a transparent Button over top of the entire Flash Player. I know that the Flash Player is its own window, but is there a way to overlay buttons? I tried using the built in Overlay, but I had no luck.

Thanks.

Rob H
November 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I'm afraid that the flash player will always appear on top. Although you may be able to do it with a button rendered as a component I suppose. What are you trying to achieve?

girlelectr0
November 28th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I'm developing a system for people with severe disabilities. Most of my clients are high quadriplegics and can only use a sip and puff device. I have adapted a wireless mouse to work with the sip and puff so a 'puff' will emulate a mouse click.

The clients can't navigate on their own, they need the program to navigate for them. So currently I have simple 3x4 matrix of frames with functions such as Tv Power, Channel Up, Down, etc. When they 'puff' on the full screen button it will activate a script that first scans down the rows. On the next click it selects the row and then scans through the columns on that row. The last click will either jump to a page (TV Page, for example) or send and IR code (Autodial telephone).

One of the pages is a clock page. I really liked some of the Flash Clocks that someone suggested on the site and added one last night, but I can't overlay a button on top so the clients won't be able to just 'puff' to return to the home page. I have used the NR.ClockTime variable but it just isn't as pretty as the Flash Clock. I can live without the Flash Clock, but it would be a nice function to have.

If you have any ideas feel free to throw them my way.

Rob H
November 29th, 2009, 07:00 AM
That is a bit tricky really, I'm not all that familiar with Flash or the FlashPlayer plugin, but I'm wondering whether you can use the FlashPlayer.RegisterCallback to handle the mouse click.

girlelectr0
November 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I will take a look at it and see what I can do. Again, it isn't incredibly important, but would be nice.

I'm sure I will be talking to you again soon - the project is just getting started. Thanks for the support.