PDA

View Full Version : NetRemoteServer.exe

davidsetton
November 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Anyone else having a problem with NetRemoteServer.exe (the latest version of Media Bridge) not closing closing. It is not shutting down for some reason in Windows Task Manager/Processes. I disabled MediaBridge in Component manager of G5 and this seemed to resolve the problem.

David

davidsetton
November 28th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Anyone else having a problem with NetRemoteServer.exe (the latest version of Media Bridge) not closing closing. It is not shutting down for some reason in Windows Task Manager/Processes. I disabled MediaBridge in Component manager of G5 and this seemed to resolve the problem.

David

I can't seem to get media bridge to close. It hangs with NetRemoteServer.exe not shutting down. The next time that I start media bridge it does not connect to my client pocket pc. Any help would be appreciated.

davidsetton
November 28th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I can't seem to get media bridge to close. It hangs with NetRemoteServer.exe not shutting down. The next time that I start media bridge it does not connect to my client pocket pc. Any help would be appreciated.

This problem only exist on my pocket pc. When use my pc to run net remote and close media bridge on the same pc it closes fine and re-opens later fine also. Anyone know how to resolve this? I have tried re-starting netremote on my pocket pc - made no difference.

David

Rob H
November 28th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Sounds like maybe a socket isn't closing properly somewhere - I'll check out the shutdown code, make sure that there isn't a problem there.

davidsetton
November 29th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Sounds like maybe a socket isn't closing properly somewhere - I'll check out the shutdown code, make sure that there isn't a problem there.

Thanks Rob,

David

davidsetton
December 2nd, 2009, 10:34 AM

Rob:

Any word on this - it is very annoying that this issue would come up so late in the development of NR2. Even after closing Netremoteserver in task manager, I still can't get mediabridge to connect to my pocket pc client.

Regards,

David

Rob H
December 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
I can't see anything odd in the Mediabridge socket code at all. It really shouldn't fail to close down even if NR2 is keeping the socket open on the Pocket PC.

Is there anything shown in the NetRemoteServer.log file?

davidsetton
December 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
I can't see anything odd in the Mediabridge socket code at all. It really shouldn't fail to close down even if NR2 is keeping the socket open on the Pocket PC.

Is there anything shown in the NetRemoteServer.log file?

Where do I find the Netremoteserver.log

Rob H
December 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Oops, sorry, it's Mediabridge.log - if you don't have one in there you may need the NetRemoteServer.exe.config - unzip this to Program Files\Promixis\NetRemote Mediabridge.

It may create the log file in that same folder, or somewhere else below Documents (depending on the OS and permissions).

davidsetton
December 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Oops, sorry, it's Mediabridge.log - if you don't have one in there you may need the NetRemoteServer.exe.config - unzip this to Program Files\Promixis\NetRemote Mediabridge.

It may create the log file in that same folder, or somewhere else below Documents (depending on the OS and permissions).

Rob:

OK - I have mediabridge now after extracting the zip file that you attached, but nothing is being recorded to it.

I even did a clean reset on my pocket pc and reinstalled netremote to see if that would fix the problem, but no success yet.

Any help would be appreciated,

David.

Rob H
December 3rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hmmm... that's odd

davidsetton
December 3rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Hmmm... that's odd

Rob:

No other suggestions? Do I need to change a setting to have the log record information?

Regards,

David

Rob H
December 3rd, 2009, 05:44 PM
I'll take a look at this tomorrow - the release build may be being built without the trace flag set

davidsetton
December 3rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
I'll take a look at this tomorrow - the release build may be being built without the trace flag set

Rob:

Here is an error message when I tried to restart mediabridge after closing it beforehand.

David

Rob H
December 5th, 2009, 04:08 PM
It's clearly trying to open it, but it definitely looks as though the trace flag is no longer being used to build the release version.

davidsetton
December 6th, 2009, 02:02 AM
It's clearly trying to open it, but it definitely looks as though the trace flag is no longer being used to build the release version.

I am not really sure what the above means, but do you have any advice on how I could get it working? It is really frustrating to only be able to open and close Mediabridge once before having problems. What should I try next?

David

davidsetton
December 6th, 2009, 02:19 AM

Rob:

Attached is some more information that may help to resolve the problem. I would really like to have this working again. It is strange that it just stopped working all of a sudden.

David

Rob H
December 6th, 2009, 06:26 AM
What media player do you have selected? And does changing it temporarily make any difference to MediaBridge being able to shut down cleanly?

Unfortunately, you'll need a new build of Mediabridge that has been compiled with the Trace flag for logging to work successfully. Not sure how that got turned off though. We'll try to get a new build out early this coming week.

davidsetton
December 6th, 2009, 11:34 AM
What media player do you have selected? And does changing it temporarily make any difference to MediaBridge being able to shut down cleanly?

Unfortunately, you'll need a new build of Mediabridge that has been compiled with the Trace flag for logging to work successfully. Not sure how that got turned off though. We'll try to get a new build out early this coming week.

Rob:

I tried changing the media player. I use JRMC, but I also tried using windows media center 11. It didn't make a difference. Still had trouble closing mediabridge and when re-starting media bridge it would not connect to netremote. I also tried a different Listen Port. This made no difference either. I will wait until a new build comes out next week.

Regards,

David

davidsetton
December 11th, 2009, 03:56 PM

Rob:

Any word on the new build?

Regards,

David

Rob H
December 12th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I think Ron's been pretty busy - I'll maybe see about getting you a debug build that has the tracing flag including.

davidsetton
December 12th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I think Ron's been pretty busy - I'll maybe see about getting you a debug build that has the tracing flag including.

Thanks Rob,

David

davidsetton
December 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks Rob,

David

Any word on this Rob?

David

davidsetton
December 21st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks Rob,

David

Rob:

Any word on this - it would be a great Holiday present. :)

The only way I can get Netremote to connect is to start mediabridge and then re-start Netremote on my pocket pc.

David

Rob H
December 22nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Let me see what I can do, can you PM me a suitable email address to send the files to?

davidsetton
December 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Let me see what I can do, can you PM me a suitable email address to send the files to?

Rob:

Did you receive my PM?

David

Rob H
December 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I didn't get a notification for some reason.

You should have mail.

Rob H
December 27th, 2009, 11:25 AM
It bounced, Gmail won't accept executable files even when zipped

Rob H
December 27th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Alternative email seemed to fail too, looks like it's redirecting.

davidsetton
December 29th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Alternative email seemed to fail too, looks like it's redirecting.

Rob:

You should have the media bridge logs now. Let me know if you received them.

Regards,

David

Rob H
December 30th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Yes, I've got them - not had a chance to take a look at them yet though.

Utilidulci
June 9th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Hi Rob,

I am having issues with Mediabridge 2.2.0.93 that hangs after working successfully during days. I use only the Library and Playing Now components with JRMC 14 (Media Jukebox) on Windows 7 in a simple CCF file (including Girder buttons to a USB-IRT device). I have 3 CCF Pocket PCs Dell x51v connection to Mediabridge. Windows 7 traces only reports Application Hangs on Netremoteserver.exe but no detail.
I tried the Mediabridge log file (as desribed in above thread) but it stays empty even after days of intensive use of Mediabridge. How can i trace what is happening ?

TX