View Full Version : Happy Accident With Bluetooth

November 28th, 2009, 01:12 PM
OK, I remember reading something Rob said regarding Bluetooth not working well with Netremote so have been sending the CCF to my iPAQ 214 via BT and then switching to WLAN to test it.

So there I was, getting a bit tired when I sent the new test ccf to the PDA and forgot to switch to WLAN... but when I went to test the new panel IT WORKED PERFECTLY.

I was like "HUH? This shouldn't be working"... but it was... Netremote was working over Bluetooth perfectly.

Have you made changes in NR to make it more BT friendly or is it this new PDA that is making it work when it didn't with my Acer n321?

Rob H
November 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I wish I could take credit for it, but it sounds like your new PDA to me.

January 10th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I forgot to post that I found out why my PDA can use bluetooth to control my stuff... The bluetooth software on my PC uses something called "Bluetooth Personal Area Networking" and creates an IP for the PDA that the PDA uses.

Quite cool actually.

Wireless LAN connects quicker than Bluetooth however so I'm still using that. WLAN connects in like 1-2 seconds while bluetooth takes about 5-8.

May 25th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if this will connect automatically? I'm just getting my feet wet with netremote and when I use gremote it works with either wifi or bluetooth. The wifi on my phone (Touch Pro 2 WM6.5) turns off whenever I turn off the phone and is a pain since it always finds wifi networks while im away from home. The bluetooth with gremote works perfectly!! but gremote isn't anywhere as nice as netremote for my setup.

So, Will this connect automatically when I come home then disconnect/reconnect when i leave/come back? It seems like all bluetooth devices work this way but takes a bit to setup, which isn't a problem because usually I don't need to use it right when I walk in.