PDA

View Full Version : Web Browser Problem

dsmes
December 5th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Hi Rob,
I'm having trouble getting the web browser to work. If I start a new project, it works, but if I create a new browser button or copy one, it doesn't. See attached. I'm really trying to get a url of the form http :// website.duh:1234 to work (without the spaces, i.e. a url with port number). In the attached example, the background web page works, but not the two small ones.

dsmes
December 6th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Never mind... I noticed once I shut down IE8 on the same PC that NR was running that one of the web browser windows updated. Strange, though, it updated to a previous URL even though I edited it in NRD and saved. Today, after restarting NR (NRD had previously been shut down), it now seems to work. I'll let you know if I have further problems.

Rob H
December 8th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the update.

dsmes
December 11th, 2009, 06:42 PM
The other root-cause that threw me was that I forgot that NRD blocks network traffic if left open long enough (a few minutes to hours). Hence, the web browser windows didn't work initially until the next day after NRD was shut down. I've mentioned this issue before, but suspect that it only affects older Win-XP machines like mine that have been through many years of NRD upgrades. I'm hoping for a new PC for Xmas and that a clean install of OS and NRD will resolve this issue.

On that note, any known issues with NR, NRD, or G5 on x64 Win-7?

Rob H
December 12th, 2009, 08:48 AM
There is just one issue with NR under Win7 with UAC enabled and a restricted account (and possibly the same under Vista) - on starting it you may get the message Error registering type lib. I thought I had a solution to this, but it didn't work - so I'm still working on it. I think it's only actually necessary for it to register the typelib once so I'm aiming to push this to the installer.

Other than that, there are no issues that I am aware of.

I really have no idea why there would be an issue with NRD causing a problem with network traffic, it may be chipset dependent.