PDA

View Full Version : NR finishes initializing everything?

jwilson56
January 5th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Well it is winter and it is once again time to work on Now Playing. One thing I have always wanted was to have a popup panel that would come up when you first load a CCF that says "Initializing" and then would go away when the NR LUA code as well as DM has finished doing its thing. Any ideas Rob as to a variable or condition we could monitor to hide/unhide the panel?

Rob H
January 6th, 2010, 11:01 AM
The DM having finished is the hard part really, since this depends on Girder having sent all the relevant information to NetRemote

jwilson56
January 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Well any chance we could have an event for Girder that could set a NR variable when the DM is finished as a work around?

Rob H
January 7th, 2010, 12:00 PM
The really hard part is knowing when the DM has actually finished sending all the details of devices across, since some devices e.g. the RNET plugin query the hardware for what is actually available - this can take some time.

Also the DM sends data in batches - I could maybe set some variable when the queue is empty though.

jwilson56
January 7th, 2010, 02:54 PM
No big deal... I could always make it a timed event on the NR side and pop it up when CCF is loaded and guess at the time...should be good enough.... have more important issues to play with at the moment. Thanks anyways Rob