PDA

View Full Version : ThreadExceptionEventArgs problem!!!

sdumas
January 7th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I am playing with the NetRemote Designer and I have to say that it is buggy and painful.

Sometimes, and I don't have a good grasp to replicate the issue consistantly, but, I get a big red X in my panel along with the following error: System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs

The only thing I can do is clicking OK and nothing else happens.

The way it happened this time, I added a new button and I was modifying some of its properties (size and location). I got the infamous message and when I click OK, it comes back and never leaves.

I can't delete the button even after reloading the ccf file because as soon as I put my mouse over it to delete it, the error message comes back.

Anyone else sees that and is there a way around it?

I am running in Windows XP as it was totally unstable on either Vista or Windows 7.

Thanks!

dsmes
January 7th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Ahhhh, the big red X. I have to say its been over a year since I've seen that. Have you upgraded to the latest NRD version? Regardless, one thing I found that helped was to go through the Lua code associated with my CCF and make sure all the Lua & NR variables were initialized. I typically initialize these in the OnCCFLoad() of the CCF's Lua file. Give that a try.

Rob H
January 8th, 2010, 08:02 AM
What build of NetRemote Designer is this?

sdumas
January 8th, 2010, 10:30 PM
It's build 2.0.0.17

I am thinking right now to develop my skins in ProntoEdit and then just assign events in Designer. It's that buggy.

Rob H
January 9th, 2010, 08:46 AM
That's very weird, as dsmes says I've not seen that X for ages either.

Maybe there's something odd about your CCF? What CCF file format version are you using?

Feel free to either post your CCF here or email it to me if you want me to take a look.

sdumas
January 9th, 2010, 09:40 AM
It's a brand new CCF. (File - New - size 240x320). Only one button. And I add to it a Girder Event - that's it.

This time the error happened when I closed the file.

Since I could not run Designer in either Vista or Windows 7, I created a VM of an XP SP3 (DEP disabled) client with nothing on it except NetRemote and NetRemote Designer.

On Vista/Win7, I can't navigate through panels. They don't show up properly or they leave the positioning icons behind (even when I close designer). It was unworkable.

In XP this problem does not occur but I get this Thread error all the time. I can't create anything, I lose my work. It's not lost as not there anymore, but lost in the sense that if I just hover over a "damaged" button the error comes back and I can't get rid of it. In the screen shot it happened when I close the file.

I can't upload the CCF file as it is 740 kb in size and this exceed the limit of the upload.

Rob H
January 9th, 2010, 10:40 AM
You should be able to upload it if you zip it.

NRD has been developed on Vista and Windows 7, so there shouldn't be any problem with it running there.

Is this revision 1.4 or 1.5 of the file format? Right click on System in the tree and select properties to check this.

One other thing, what version of NetRemote are you running on the machine that's running NRD?

sdumas
January 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
NetRemote version 2.0.21.144.

I will re-install on Windows 7 and see if I can reproduce my "weird" state.

I'll post when I can reproduce.

sdumas
January 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Oups - forgot - it's 1.5.