PDA

View Full Version : This is what I have been working on

AKsor
January 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I liked the MainLobby look so I kind of recreated it in NetRemote

This is my first CCF since the NetRemote 1.0 days

Work is still in progress as I'm relearning lua and get used to the software but here is what I got so far

Let me know what you think

Laz

AKsor
January 9th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Here is a few more screen shots

VicVonDoom
January 9th, 2010, 03:13 PM
it's great to see someone using a light coloured background for a change!
nicely spaced buttons.
great music choice! fergie certainly floats my boat...

what is nr running on size wise?

AKsor
January 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
For now its running on my desktop but I will be using a touchscreen in the living room.

I tried it on a Fujitsu Point510 using RDP and it works ok

28seven
January 12th, 2010, 01:25 PM
how are you controling zones? is it JRMC?

AKsor
January 13th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I'm using JRMC for the zones and use sepearate amplifiers to amplify the output of the soundcards similar to what jwilson56 is doing.

jwilson56
January 13th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah the poor mans whole house system... hahaha

Can't knock the quality of the sound though....

AKsor
January 15th, 2010, 11:31 AM
My Setup.

I live in rural Eastern Ontario in a split level bungalow located on 1/2 an acre.

For Audio distribution I'm using a Sony STR-DE3 ES Dual Zone a Yamaha RX-V557 dual zone amp, zone2 output feeding a Radio Shack MPA-200 100Wx2 rackmount amp and a Denon 2805 2 Zone amp Main zone configured for 5.1 and Zone 2 using the internal amp.

I'm also using A/B Speaker switching to drive bathroom speakers and a lynksys wireless Media Bridge with a mini stereo unit.

For video distribution I have 2 RCA IR video switchers moded to use hardwired switching trough a SECU16 module.

Both switchers 6 inputs are connected together with RCA Y Adapters and their outputs are fed into a 2 channel RF modulator. Ch 58 and Ch 62

while their inputs are fed by 3 digital cable boxes a HD-PVR and a MythTV PVR.

This forms a poor mans 6 input 2 output matrix switch.

The output of the RF modulator is ditribuited to the bedrooms bathroom and living room ect...

The Family room in the basement consists of a 52" Sony Bravia HDTV LCD tv with a Sony PS3 and a Wii and an Xbox running XBMC running at 1080i and a HTPC running Linux that has the XBMC frontend and the 5.1 speaker setup running of the Denon AV receiver.

The living room has a 42" Samsung Plasma Tv with an Xbox with XBMC

The Master Bedroom has a 23" Samsung 1080P HDTV with an Xbox with XBMC.

For control I'm using 3 Logitech 890Pro Remotes (one for each living area) with the RF base unit located in the equipment closet.

I'm also looking to purchase a 15" ELo touchscreen to install in the Living Room/Dining Room/Kitchen common are wall to run my Netremote Interface.

I'm also using the older XBOXes as network connected media extenders, they are moded and running XBMC.

My network consist of a Cable modem going into a linksys wireless router running DD-WRT connected to a 16port 10/100 switch, GB switch, and a VOIP router.

All of the movies and music collection is stored on a Dlink DNS323 network storage with 2 TB of storage.

The equipment is housed in an equipment closet and the amplifiers are sitting on shelves mounted to a 19" rack

My automation hardware consists of the following:

P4 3.2GHz server running XP Pro with JRMC, Girder, Netremote, WebCamXP.

The server is in an Antec cube case and has the following PCI devices ATI TV wonder( for security Camera Input), for music Zones I have a SB Audigy4 sound card (3 zones), Aureal Audio sound card (1 zone), and built in sound card (1 zone) and an external USB SB for hardware audio sync, and an aditional zone using the linksys wireless bridge for a total of 5 independent zones.

USBUIRT, Ocelot, Secu16i, Secu16, W800RF32, NetCallerID, CM11 X10, Smarthome Dimmers, Smarthome Relay Switches all of them 2 way capable.

RF motion detectors, RF door/window switches, X10 phase coupler,
3 TouchLinc touchscreen X10 Units.

Work is still in progress.

jwilson56
February 7th, 2010, 11:51 PM
What have you been using your SECU-16I and SECU-16 for? Any unique digital I/O ideas?

AKsor
September 22nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Sorry forthe long delay in posting but Summer time is Camping and Outdoor time so all home automation/computing goes into standby till the weather starts to cool down.

Now that its officially Fall I have started toplay arround again with my HA stuff.

I installed a front enterance camera and planing on installing 3 more arround the house.

I got a 1000' of 14AWG CL3 rated Belden Speaker cable and also bought a 15" touchscreen monitor to install in the Hallway.

As for the question regarding my use of the Secu16 I use it to detect the status of my receivers the status of some motion detectors and control the source selection of my DIY 6 source 2 zone video/audio switcher.

jwilson56
September 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
I hear ya about summer... I usually don't start working with my project until the snow flies...

AKsor
November 7th, 2010, 11:30 PM
I did some more work on my audio multi zone page and I kind of copied the Casa Tunes GUI and integrated it in my CCF.

I also added Sirius FM to my list of music sources.

I also made my own audio Distribution box and I use my 3 AVR as a matrix switch.

More pictures to come

AKsor
November 7th, 2010, 11:58 PM
I decide to take some pictures of my messy setup. I will clean it up one day ;)

For now I have only 2 of the 3 2 zone receivers hooked up the Denon AVR2805 is not yet hooked up. The Sony STR-DA3ES dual zone receiver on the top shelf and the Yamaha RX-V557 Receiver just below and a 200W Radio Shack amplifier below that running the 2nd Zone of the Yamaha receiver because the Yamaha only has Zone 2 preamp outputs.

Above those I have my 2 PC's, the one on the right is the Home automation and music server, and the one on the left is my Windows 7 Ultimate Media Center PC.

AKsor
February 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Here is more updated screens for my Netremote GUI that I have been working on lately.

AKsor
February 15th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Some more Pics

jwilson56
December 6th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Have you integrated WebcamXP into Girder and/or Netremote?