PDA

View Full Version : Volume Windows Media Player Classic Home Cinema

doubleJ
January 9th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Hello...
Every now and then, when I'm using media player classic home cinema (included with cccp), using the volume up/down windows mpc and unfocuses it while the volume osd is seen. Once the osd goes away, mpc gets focus but is still windowed. This may not even happen 10% of the time, but it is always annoying when it does.
Audio is onboard Realtek ALC883 and I have the volume keys, globally, set for master volume. I haven't seen it happen with mute, only volume up/down.
Are there any ideas or information that I could give?
JJ

Rob H
January 11th, 2010, 04:51 PM
The volume OSD shouldn't be affecting the focus as it's done using a DirectX overlay I believe.

doubleJ
January 16th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I'm using vmr9 renderless (for subtitles). I have dx9.0c, updated to august 2009.
I just did a test with normal Media Player Classic and it did the same thing.
I did a test with windows media player 9. It didn't have a problem with going from fullscreen to windowed or loosing focus, but the start bar would show up. It doesn't detract from the viewing nearly as much as with media player classic, but it is still a problem.
Are there other things that I can try or any other suggestions?
JJ

Rob H
January 17th, 2010, 09:05 AM
You might want to try the Girder 5 trial to see if that also does this.

doubleJ
April 17th, 2010, 07:21 PM
BTW...
I unchecked On Screen Display on the volume settings (where you do audio picker, not File - Settings) and it isn't happening anymore. The weird thing is that the osd still shows up. I was trying to completely disable it, but this is working exactly as I want.
JJ