PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

mpg732
January 25th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Don't know if this can be done, so any help would be great.

I am running one pc with windows Xp Media Center on it. With an touch screen lcd for interface. I also have all my music on the same PC, conected to my sound system Via an optical cable.

What I want to do is to have the music contine to play through the optical cable "out put" and have the button click's, I have set up in Netremote to play through the lcd speakers. Does any one know if this can be done? Do I need two sound cards? I know windows doesnt like haveing mutiple sound cards running at the same time.

Thanks Mike

jwilson56
January 25th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I have 7 sound cards/usb sound devices on my WinXP system. 6 are used for music zones and the built in sound card on the MB is used for text to speech as well as any windows sounds that get generated.

mpg732
January 25th, 2010, 01:09 PM
How did you set it up windows to differate what program plays through which sound card? Keep in mine the optical port needed for my music is on the MB. I will pick up an usb sound card to play the sound for netremote?

Thanks

jwilson56
January 25th, 2010, 02:04 PM
All the applications I use have the ability to choose which sound device it being used. I know that JRMC does. Also all sound devices need to be distinct models so windows can keep them straight.

mpg732
January 25th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Ok, so I get an usb sound card, have windows use that for defalt sound, that will take care of Netremote. I use WM11 for the mps and set that to used the on board sound card to keep the optical out....