View Full Version : NetRemote.SetImage problem

January 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM

I am using the following code to update an "imagebutton" in NR from Girder.

require ('NetRemote')
NetRemote.SetImage ('NR.PicFrame', "E:\\PicFrame\\"..Pics[cPicsRun], true)
print ("Netremote PicFrame Updated")
print ("File:"..Pics[cPicsRun])
cPicsRun = cPicsRun + 1
if cPicsRun == cPics then
cPicsRun = 1

This work as expected on NR running on WinXP but not on WinCE. What I mean is that smaller images like icons is OK but not images from a camera (1600x1200 pixels) on WinCE. I use the same CCF so the imagebutton has the same size (800x480). On the WinCE I use the latest PPC build, downloaded today.
Is there any limitation I am not aware of?
Any other ideas are welcome?

Rob H
January 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'm not aware of a limit on the size of a bitmap in WinCE, but you may be running into a memory problem. Can you try reducing the size of the bitmap in Girder first, possibly using the gd library?

January 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM
After a reboot it started to work.....then it stopped...then started and now it has stopped again.
I'm not really sure what is going on here.
Is it possible to "force" an update of an image in NR ?
Is it possible to see the picture in any other way (memory size etc) in NR just to see that there is something there to display ?
I have tried the [inuse], [limit] = gcinfo() function but it seems as if pictures are stored somewhere else, I guess this is only the LUA memory and image variables are stored in NR memory.

I will try to investigate this further

Thanks and regards

Rob H
January 27th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Unfortunately there's no real way to view the memory usage of an image at present, but it's not a bad idea.