PDA

View Full Version : windows screen saver

mpg732
January 27th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I'm running windows Xp, and an lcd touch screen. I would like to have either windows screen save work or some other form of a screen save work when Netremote is running. As of right now, windows screen saver is set to come on after 2 min. but does not work when Netremote is running. Any help in getting this to work would be great.

Mike

jwilson56
January 27th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hmmm... not sure what is going on. I use the http://www.serenescreen.com/ screen saver on my ELO touchscreen running Netremote and it works fine.

Check your settings in the NR properties. I don't use Always on Top

Rob H
January 27th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Normally you have to take special steps to stop the screen saver from activating, there's a control in the Advanced controls plugin (formerly AvidUtils) that can be used to disable it. Perhaps check that you haven't used that control in your CCF?

mpg732
January 28th, 2010, 02:39 PM
JUST a little FYI,
I have installed Netremote about 5 different times on window XP, between window crashes and hard ware up grades, over the past few months. Each time, with out changeing anything in Netremote to turn off the windows screen saver, the screen saver never worked when I had Netremote running in full screen mode. Untill last night, I found that with in the windows options for screen saver, if you had the box checked for; "On resume, displaying the welcome screen", the screen saver would never work. After I unchecked the box, screen saver started working. :)

Rob H
January 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Very weird!

mpg732
January 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Well I got the screen saver to work, but how about turning off the monitor after a set period of inactivity? I cant get windows to turn off the screen if Netremote is running.

Mike

mpg732
April 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM
????????????????????????????????????