PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest problem with sliders

mdeman
March 17th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this one. I'm using netremote to control Homeseer and JRMC.
In JRMC I have a ccf file that allows me to control the EQ and volume for JRMC. When I started modifying the ccf file my sliders stopped working. I wasn't even working on the page that had the sliders on it.. Luckily I had a backup of my old ccf file so I copied the screen with sliders to the new ccf file. No luck sliders still don't work. So i thought well I copy the pages I changed in the new ccf to the old ccf file. Now the sliders stopped working in the old ccf as well.

Help.... anyone

Thanks
Marcel

Rob H
March 18th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I assume you're talking to JRMC through Mediabridge? I'd check that it's actually running and that it is still talking to JRMC.

mdeman
March 19th, 2010, 11:31 AM
That is correct. I'm controlling JRMC through mediabridge. I'm pretty sure I'm connected because I'm getting cover art and remaining song time etc.

Marcel

Rob H
March 19th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Okay, how are you registering the sliders for feedback? In Lua code?

mdeman
March 19th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I think that is where my problem is. I just noticed that register feedback in Mediabridge is depreciated. So at this moment I'm not sure how to define a slider. If you can point me to an example or explain to me how to do it I think my problem will be resolved.

Thanks
Marcel

mdeman
March 19th, 2010, 12:56 PM
In the process of finding out what is going on I realize that I'm very unexperienced. To say it a different way I have no clue how this exactly works. Is there any documentation I can read to educate myself?

Thanks
Marcel

Rob H
March 19th, 2010, 02:45 PM
While you can use the Register variable for feedback action I'd recommend doing it using Lua.

e.g. this bit of code comes from the FlatStyle CCF to register the equalizer sliders

local mb = NetRemote.GetPlugin('MediaBridge');
for i=0,10 do
NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch('MP.EQBand'..i,mb) ;
end;

mdeman
March 19th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks Rob, this will get me started.

Marcel

mdeman
March 19th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Got it working.

Thanks for all your help.

Marcel

mdeman
March 22nd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Apologies but i have another question about sliders.

Got all my JRMC sliders working. I also use netremote to connect to Homeseer. This still uses Girder 3. I have a different problem here. The slider is defined as:

Slider Thumb Component (nrevent.slider41,100,0,100,0,0)
Register variable for feedback(nrevent.slider41;Send)

This won't work. I am connected because my on/off buttons works. When I put hsgirder on homeseer in debug i see no data coming when I move the slider.

Do I need to go to LUA and if yes could you please help me with the code needed.

Thanks
Marcel

Rob H
March 22nd, 2010, 06:54 PM
It appears as a Girder plugin right?

Then you should be able to do

NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch(slidername, NetRemote.GetPlugin('Girder'):GetCurrentInstance() )

or the plugin name might be 'hsGirder' - I haven't used it.

mdeman
March 23rd, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi Rob,

Thanks for hanging in there with me.
Yes the name appears as Girder.
Not having a lot of success at this moment. I'm tempted to change all my homecontrol sliders to buttons because they use the 'send event to girder' command and that works. The slider just doesn't send anything to the other side.

One important thing I forgot to tel. The reason I have to redo my whole ccf is because I'm switching form using tonto. Should have done this much earlier but I just wasn't ready for the task. So when I switched I lost a lot of functionality due to translation issues I guess.

Thanks
Marcel

Rob H
March 23rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Oops, just realised that I probably shouldn't have included the :GetCurrentInstance() there

Try

NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch(slidername, NetRemote.GetPlugin('Girder'))

obviously replacing slidername with a string containing the name of the slider variable.