PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to use NI DIO PCI-6518 with Grider

can007
March 25th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Hi, I would like to interface a Girder system with a Keyence KV-40 and maybe other things... I would like the ability to manage many electrical things from Netremote via my Girder central computer.

To do so I plan to fit a National Instrument Digital I/O card (PCI-6518) in the PC on which Girder is running. Then connect some output as input in the KV and some input on the output of KV to monitor its status (hope my explanations are clear enough).

I can't find on the net any guy who tried this.
Does someone know how to proceed?

A second possibility could be to use the RS232 connexion to plug directly on the PLC (KV-40) to, at least, monitor the status of in/out. But I'm afraid that I will not be able to interfear with the PLC (can't use Netremote commands as KV input signals).

Thanks for your help.

PS: no problem if it's difficult and if I have to write some code in lua or C.
To make a driver will be more difficult has I only done this once, 10 years ago!!! So I would prefer to use the PCI card dll directly.

Mark F
April 15th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I'm assuming there is a software development kit (.dll or driver, samples, documentation) for this card.

Does the provided software interface support COM (common object model)? If so, some LUA code might do what you need.