PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert

karthik316_1999
March 27th, 2010, 07:19 AM
hmm.. this is the third time i'm typing out this long post ..! Hence the details keep reducing everytime..! The 1st time I had a internet DC, the second time I was stopped from posting due to inserting links in the post... Atleast I could have been given an opportunity to correct/edit the post again.. The entire contents were lost..

Anyways, trying to make this particular plugin "WFExpert 1.7" work on my card and it wont. My desperate search to use the Tv Tuner card's remote to control other applications such as VLC Player, etc ended up here...

This is on a Windows XP system and the version 4.0 of the s/w. (It does not work in the version 5) I downloaded the plugin, ran the add remote wizard successfully to map the keys. Is there anything left for me to do? With this setup, nothing happens when I try to control VLC with my remote. (The DSDrv4 is listed in my device manager too)

Thanks for the help...

karthik316_1999
March 27th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Somehow managed to get it working with VLC.. but one ket press yields the same action multiple times!

karthik316_1999
March 28th, 2010, 07:28 AM
anybody any ideas?

Rob H
March 28th, 2010, 03:42 PM
In the help, take a look at User Interface Guide|Event Mapping Editor and see if the repeat settings help

karthik316_1999
March 31st, 2010, 12:46 AM
Hi.. thanks for the reply.. I just checked out the Event mapping editor and my settings are just as the one displayed in the help screen.. But which one should I be concerned out.. The repeat delay or the repeat frequency limit? I tried pushing the slider to the opposite extremes of both of options but did not notice any change in the operation.. A single press of the play/pause yields a loop of commands...

Rob H
March 31st, 2010, 04:26 PM
Okay, let's try something else - try editing one of the events in your GML and change the Anti-repeat time to say 200ms, then try that command again.

karthik316_1999
April 1st, 2010, 02:12 AM
Okay.. I could find the VideoLan VLC player .gml file in the C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5\GML directory. But how can I edit it to change the anti-repeat time, please? Try searching but could not find a way.. The gml file did open with Notepad but I could not see where the change the value.. thanks in advance...

Rob H
April 1st, 2010, 07:05 AM
You edit GML files within Girder - don't try using any other program to do this.

Make sure you're in Expert mode though - View|Switch to expert interface

karthik316_1999
April 1st, 2010, 10:48 AM
That works !!!!!
But then.. things like volume control and all that work in a haphazard manner... volume control actually brings up the recording volume control.. and channel change button brings up the volume increase control.. how do i make all this proper..?

Also, do I now have to input this 200 ms setting manually for all the actions and for all the applications?!!

Rob H
April 1st, 2010, 12:31 PM
It's been a very long time since I used Girder 4 - not sure I can remember where to set a global anti-repeat there.

karthik316_1999
April 1st, 2010, 11:40 PM
I'm using Girder 5 only... so, is there a global anti-repeat function there?
Also, where do I re-map the keys for specific actions since the wrong action is performed for the keys....

Rob H
April 2nd, 2010, 05:52 AM
You should be able to do this all of this from the Event Mapping editor

You'll probably want to check the Generate Repeat/Release and the Override Device Typematic Settings checkboxes for each event and play with the times.

Other than that, there may be a settings page for the plugin your using to set the repeat times.