PDA

View Full Version : load order; serial plugin vs treescript plugin

Tieske8
April 5th, 2010, 04:51 PM
My new serial device gets loaded by the serial plugin. The actions that can be performed on it are made available through the treescript plugin.

The treescript part initializes the device, but hence needs the serial connection to be available. Often upon startup it fails because the serial driver isn't ready yet. Pressing F11 to reset the script engine usually resolves the issue.

Any thoughts on how to fix this and make it more reliable?

Rob H
April 6th, 2010, 04:01 AM
I'd need to see what you're doing there - but I wouldn't really recommend initialising the device from treescript actions.

Tieske8
April 6th, 2010, 05:14 PM
having my serial plugin for RFXmitter and a treescript plugin to create the action interface and the config page.

Applying the settings is only coded in the treescript action, if the serial device needs to apply them upon startup (instead of treescript) then I need to duplicate that part of the code. In the treescript for the OnApply action, and in the serial plugin when starting the serial plugin.

Hence, initializing from treescript needed the code only in one place, easier to maintain. Guess I have to duplicate it anyway.