PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Configuring for Denon DVD

bmort
April 13th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hi All, Newbie here.

I need asistance in setting up Netremote2 for 1 DVD player in remote headend. Just cannot figure this out.

Any help is appreciated.

mpg732
April 14th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I did some Googleing on remote headend, Cant find any info on that, so its hard to help with out more info, Please post what are you trying to get done...

bmort
April 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I am installing a Denon DVD player in a remote area (IT closet) and have an Itatch IRtoIP device already connected to the LAN. Need help in configuring the computer to operate the DVD player which will then play through the existing cable system. Not sure how to set up the netremote to operate the dvd player.

Thanks

mpg732
April 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Sorry could not find anything to help you in regards to the "Itatch IRtoIP". A work arround, if you have a windows base PC in the "IT closet", I would install netremote, girder and an USBIRT. The USBIRT is an usb to ir sender (as long as you can control all your gear via IR), Girder is used to send the IR commands to the USBIRT, Netremote is the interface that you create a grapical interface to send the comands to Girder. You can use a touchsreen for a hard wired conection, or use a PocketPC as a wireless hand held interface.