PDA

View Full Version : Attaching a bitmap

tdemelle
April 19th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I've been noodling around for a while unsuccessfully trying to attach a bitmap to a frame.

I've been able to load my bitmap as a png into the image gallery, but I haven't been able to get it to associate with the frame. The instructions say:

Attaching a Bitmap

To attach a Bitmap, click anywhere in the box for the required appearance and pick the Bitmap desired. If the Bitmap is not already loaded, select add image on the toolbar to load the Bitmap from a file.

I assume this means right-clicking the representation of the frame on the page layout, but, doing so, I don't see any menu item that allows me to attach a bitmap. I haven't been able to find any clues poking around the tree and there doesn't seem to be a field in the properties list associated with bitmap appearances either.

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple! Please let me know so I can kick myself and keep going. :)

Rob H
April 19th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I'm working on the help for the next version. Assuming you're using a recent build of NetRemote Designer then you go to the States/Appearance property for the frame, and click on the blank white area in the middle of the dialog.

I'll have to see if I can make that more obvious.

tdemelle
April 19th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks, Rob. That did it. An illustration would probably clear up any confusion. :)

Rob H
April 19th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Yes, you're probably right there :)