PDA

View Full Version : No On/Off for X10

yano
April 23rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Maybe this feature hasn't been fully implemented yet...

First of all, I've set up my CM17A fully by enabling X10 in Device Manager and the on/off control shows up on the Girder Webserver under Device Manager. I can turn my A1 device(X10 Transceiver/Appliance Module) on/off without any problems from the Girder Webserver.

In NRDesigner(v2.0.0.17 and latest .144 Girder) I'm having trouble trying to figure out how add a simple on/off switch for a X10 device using the Component Gallery/Device Manager -> Device Manager Switch -> Device Manager On/Off Switch. I add the switch control and then under "device" I see:

<Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch
<Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch.List_1
<Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch.List_2
<Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch.UnitsLong
<Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch.UnitsShort

I'm assuming I would use <Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch as the "device", but I don't see any options for "control" to turn the X10 device on or off. I've also noticed that on the default flatstyle CCF that my X10 controls don't appear at all under "Lighting". Bug or by design?

Rob H
April 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
Seems a bit odd that they're not appearing in Flatstyle - not aware of any specific issues there.

yano
April 23rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Does any of these control the X10 device's on/off function?

<Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch.List_1
<Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch.List_2
<Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch.UnitsLong
<Computer Name>\X10\A1\Switch.UnitsShort

yano
April 24th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Ok I think I just figured it out - it looks like only the CM11/CM12a are fully supported via Device Manager. I only see mention of the CM17A under "Plugins" That would probably explain why some things show up and others don't...

Rob H
April 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Before we write it off completely, I've had an idea.

In NetRemote Designer, go to Tools|Preferences and add '\' (without the quotes) as an extra delimiter.

Also, by default, NetRemote only supports Light\Switch and Light\Dimmer types in the Lighting section - I suspect you have your light set as an Appliance\Switch. You have two possibilities here, either change the type in Device Manager to Light\Switch, or edit NetRemote\luascript\DM\Lighting.lua and uncomment line 77 to allow the Flatstyle CCF to use Appliance\Switch

yano
April 26th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Changing the type in Device Manager to Light\Switch did the trick...thanks!

Rob H
April 26th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Great, glad that's working for you.