PDA

View Full Version : Display girder variables in Netremote?

ddxfish
May 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Is there a way to have the netremote client get variables from Girder and display them in the netremote interface?

Rob H
May 7th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Normally you drive this from the Girder end, rather than having NetRemote ask for the variables (although that is possible by having NetRemote send an event to Girder to get it to send data).

You can do this in your GML using one of the NetRemote actions, or from Lua - this is all in the Girder help.

ddxfish
May 10th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hah, nice I feel like an idiot for not seeing the netremote action category.

If I get it working Ill post how I did it. Cheers rob!

sdumas
May 11th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Humm - I don't get it.

I create a variable in a transport script using Transport Send. I call it "pstatus". I execute the script and I see the content of my variable being printed on the interactive LUA console.
(see attached jpg - I do a print("status is :" .. pstatus) and I see the result - where does it go?)

I can not see the variable in the variable display panel - just can't find it.

What do you need to do to "publish" this variable so it can be sent to Netremote (or retrieved by Netremote) - or even better - how can you find this variable in the variable display panel. I guess if I can't see it there, I definitely won't be able to use it anywhere else...

Thanks!

sdumas
May 11th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I found part of the equation...

The variable was quite deep but was there.

Also needed to put the variable name in brackets.

[transport.devices.integra.pstatus]

I do a Netremote / Set Variable All in actions on Girder.

All seems fine, but I can't find the variable on the NetRemote side. Where do you make the "link"?

Thanks!

Rob H
May 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
In the Set Variable All, what did you call the variable?

You should see it in NetRemote Designer under NetRemote Variables - you may have to hit the refresh button though as variables aren't automatically updated

sdumas
May 11th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Got it.

Man - this is not self-explanatory.

You're right - the variable showed up in NetRemote after a refresh but I could not find how to create the link between the two (that is Girder and NetRemote). I could not find the event or action or something to make the variable do its thing...

Of course - it comes to something so simple that it's the last thing you have on your mind.

Just have to use {nameofvariable} in the button name for example.

It was the squiggly brackets that got me...

Thanks for baring with me.

I'll go perform some miracles with the combo of NetRemote/Girder now... LOL.