PDA

View Full Version : Plugin for Homeseer

mdeman
May 17th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hi,

I'm using net-remote in conjunction with HSGirder to exchange data between homeseer and netremote.
I'm starting to have compatibility issues since HSGirder is not maintained anymore. Is there another engine I can use to exchange data between the 2?

Thanks
Marcel

Rob H
May 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I'm not aware of one, sorry.

jwilson56
May 17th, 2010, 04:42 PM
This is one reason I switched to using Girder 5 for my home automation backend. I was one of the first to use HSGirder as I worked with George and Ben to get it working together well. I was sad to see Ben leave Promixis then have George stop supporting it. I am quite happy with my setup now for Now Playing. If you have not looked at my blog on Cocoontech I would urge you to take a look.

Now Playing running on a POS computer with the ELO touchscreen.

Jack_Stone
February 27th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I found a way to get hsgirder to work with Girder 5, just copy the these two DLL files from the plugin folder of Girder 3 ieventc.dll and ievents.dll in the plugin folder of Girder 5. Next, enable the Internet Event Server and Client plugin in Girder 5, click Settings and set a password (must me less than 6 characters). The last thing to do is to tell hsgirder to use remote girder even if it is local (in this case, use localhost as the IP address). Use port 1024 and set the password as the same as in the Girder plugin's settings. That's it! Now Girder 5 will receive even form Homeseer like it was with Girder 3!