PDA

View Full Version : Slider question

Manser
July 2nd, 2010, 08:19 AM
local watcher = NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch('Testvar', NetRemote.GetPlugin("Girder"):GetCurrentInstance())

If i put a watcher like this to a slider variable then i get events in girder true the communication server with the variable value in pld3.

I need now some additional values in the payload, for example an the number of the slider. So i need a this in the pld3 "varvalue","additional string"

How can i do that??

Rob H
July 4th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't add anything to the payloads, but you should have access to the EventString variable inside a handler.

What are you trying to do?

Manser
July 5th, 2010, 01:51 AM
I would like to send a variable value to a girder script! For example for a audio-mixer device. But I have to now which fader has sent this value.
Girder will poll the device and write the value back to NR if it has changed.

Can't figure out how I can do that with a slidervalue!

Rob H
July 5th, 2010, 04:34 AM
I'm still not clear on the exact scenario - since you're talking about faders it sounds like you have multiple sliders in the CCF, each displaying and controlling a different NR variable, right? The name of the event will be the name of the NR variable and can be accessed from the EventString variable in a handler, or you can set up your own handler in Girder using gir.AddEventHandler().

However, you cannot add any extra payloads to the standard slider event.

Manser
July 5th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Yes that's exactly the scenario :-)

And Yes, with an event handler, I can do what I want to do!

Thanks, for me for pointing me to this direction.