PDA

View Full Version : Activated buttons

JereNet
July 5th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I recently got Girder and NetRemote, and have finally gotten everything programmed into them. What I'm wondering though, is that I have an Extron Switcher, which is controlled by RS-232. This has 8 inputs, you can select audio, video, or both, PIP, etc. is there a way that I can have the button stay "pressed" to indicate which input the switcher is on? or that PIP is on? or whether I'm selecting audio, video, or both? I know I'm able to do it with a bunch of different frames and pages, but I'm looking for a way to try and unclutter everything, and make it a lot simpler to program. Thanks!

JereNet
July 7th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I also forgot to say, I have no experience writing script, so if you could provide examples, that would be great.

beffect
July 8th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I actually do this in my ccf for the inputs on my receiver.
For each of the input buttons I created a second state. The button up and button pressed images were opposite from the default state. Also, the second state has to have a variable defined to tell it when to use that state.

JereNet
July 9th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I was kind of thinking about that, but how do I define the variable?

beffect
July 10th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Well your switcher is controlled by RS232 so I am guessing you can send a serial command to query which input it is on. Then you can store that into a variable. This is what I do in my serial driver.

Rob H
July 10th, 2010, 06:17 AM
The 'correct' way to do this is to write a Device Manager provider for you serial driver, which will automatically update NetRemote (or Girder's webserver) when the internal state of the driver changes. There should be some threads about this in these forums.