PDA

View Full Version : tactile feedback

yonu
July 11th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Is it possible to get tactile feedback from the device on button press like you have in thehtc sense apps and opera mobile?

Thanks,
yonu

yonu
July 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM
can i get some kind of idea from the devs

dsmes
July 18th, 2010, 07:52 AM
You need specific touchscreen hardware to provide tactile feedback. What devices are you using that have this? Is there an API to the touchscreen hardware that exposes the methods to provide the tactile feedback?

yonu
July 18th, 2010, 11:15 AM
the main one is a HTC HD2 and I will check with HTC to see if there is a API and actually all I am after really is a way to trigger the devices vibrator when a button is tapped like the HD2 does when you tap a key i guess you really couldn't call it tactile feedback

justinm001
July 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Ok I have a HTC touch pro 2 and I'm not sure what you're talking about. Like when you press a button it vibrates? Mine doesn't do that, but i have a custom rom with a lot of settings turned off. Do you know how to turn it on? Is there a setting somewhere to turn it on? If I know the setting I bet I can findout how it is registering a keytype and can make it work.

yonu
July 19th, 2010, 03:07 PM
unfortunately the touch pro2 doesn't do it however the HD2 does I will have a run through the registry I know the feature can be turned off in the settings tab in the HTC sense

Kaoh
July 19th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah I would love this also.
I am just investigating the use of my old HD as a universal remote in combination with a globalcache WF2IR. So far it is working very nicely, the tactile feedback would be cool indeed. We need to check the xda developers forums to see if there is a program there with source that does something with the vibrator.

Kaoh
August 16th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Hi, I just tested it and in c# it is very easy.
http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/104478-using-the-vibrate-feature-in-windows-mobile/

So I think it should be very easy to tunr this pease of code into a plugin also.

I tested it with a special test app and in C# in my diamond and it vibrates very nice with this example code.