PDA

View Full Version : Assign hard keys on the HTC diamond

Kaoh
July 22nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Hi,

I have problems assigning the hard keys from my diamond to the netremote app.
When I use the hotkeys wizard and I press for example the volume up key windows still turns the volume up. But more annoying is that when I press the home key I get back to my home screen. So I can not complete the wizard nor is the netremote registering the keys (well it does for vol up, but no home or the other main keys).
I installed an app (after first attempts) that lets me reassign those keys to numeric keys, But I can also not find a way to mapp those, the wizard does not seem to recognize those at all. Even though in notes the keys are registered.

Any advise?

tmorten
July 28th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Each device has its own way to disable the default functionality of keys - this isn't generalized within NetRemote. I would recommend checking the settings on your device to see if there is an applet included for this. Once the default functions have been unassigned, you should be able to successfully map the keys within NetRemote.

Cheers,
Tim

justinm001
July 29th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I have a touch pro 2 which is very similar and I don't think you can unmap those buttons. open a thread in ppcgeeks or xda-developers and see if theres some regedit to unmap those so you can then map it to netremote. Let us know because once wp7 phones come out this xmas I'll want to turn my touch pro 2 into a dedicated netremote.

Kaoh
August 3rd, 2010, 04:03 PM
I located the DRED Sensor app from XDA developers. It does allow me to reassign and disable the keys depending on running apps etc. Very nice, but no matter what I mapp the keys to I can not get the register in NR.
If I assign them to the known windows keys (softkey 1 or 2 or home etc) then windows mobile keeps taking control. If I assign them to keys that windows mobile does not handle, num keys for example, then NR does not respond to them.
So I am still stuck :(
Is there a way to manually assign for example by changing some text file?

tmorten
August 3rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Netremote just looks for Windows key messages, so as long as the keys are generating those, it should detect them. I know of at least one occasion where a hardware manufacturer included some buttons that didn't generate Windows messages because those particular buttons were only meant to be used with their own custom software. I've never encountered this on an HTC product - I've successfully mapped buttons on a few different HTC phones (MDA, Wing, X1), but unfortunately I don't have your specific model. The normal process is to unmap the keys from any other applications, and to then go through the key assignment in NetRemote. It sounds like that's what you're doing, so I'm not sure why the keys aren't detecting. Using the application you described, is it possible to map the keys to a letter? I would almost certainly expect a mapping like the to generate Windows messages.

Cheers,
Tim

Kaoh
August 5th, 2010, 12:58 AM
letters, good question, I have to enter key codes in the app. And I used the ones I found on MSDN, but there was no listing for letter keys.
I will check into that again.