PDA

View Full Version : New to Girder (VLC, Grider, Harmony question)

TV Geek
August 1st, 2010, 10:03 PM
Hello,

I am new to Girder and have a question...but first my gear:

Logitech Harmony 890
USB-UIRT
VLC 0.8.5
Girder 4

I have successfully using my Harmony to control my TV, Cable box & sound system for quite a while now. I managed to trim myself down to only 2 remotes. The Harmony & a SnapStream Firefly.

I use the Firefly to control all aspects of VLC.

The process has done me well, but I wanted to see if I could gt myself down to one remote...the Harmony.

I have Girder installed and configured (I think) and have no idea where my failure is, but here is what is happening:

When I press pause on the Harmony, VLC will pause, but it's like the button is being tapped 3 times. Not the end of the world...I can live with it if I must.

When I press volume up (with VLC being the forward window), the PC volume increases and VLC will slow down to 1/8th speed...and if I press volume down, the PC volume will decrease and VLC will pop to fullscreen.

There are some other overlapping buttons, but that gives you an idea of wht I am working with.

Since there are multiple things happening all at the same time, I'm not sure where to begin looking...is it a VLC issue? Girder? the Harmony?

Any info you may be able to send my way would be greatly appreciated...even a point in the right direction would help.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Rob H
August 2nd, 2010, 06:31 AM
Have you written your own GML to control VLC?

TV Geek
August 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
Rob,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have not created any custom GMLs. I am using the default settings that came with the software.

Scott