PDA

View Full Version : use mouse to change channel

strachan
August 11th, 2010, 02:06 PM
i have downloaded netremote trial. i have a usb-uirt, once i have learned my sat receiver ir remote control to netremote through usb-uirt can the laptop mouse be used to send commands back through usb-uirt and change a channel or volume etc. i have no hands and i rely on smartnav head mouse

tmorten
August 11th, 2010, 05:15 PM
That should work; once you have learned the codes, you can assign them to buttons using NetRemote Designer. When you load the resultant CCF in NetRemote, you will be able to trigger the codes by clicking on the buttons.

Cheers,
Tim

strachan
August 11th, 2010, 09:02 PM
That should work; once you have learned the codes, you can assign them to buttons using NetRemote Designer. When you load the resultant CCF in NetRemote, you will be able to trigger the codes by clicking on the buttons.

Cheers,
Tim

ok, i need netremote designer not netremote? also ccf stands for? i am taking this info to someone more computer savy than i. will likely need more advice as we give it a go. thanks for now

strachan
August 26th, 2010, 10:56 AM

Cheers,
Tim

ok i am going to try this, once i have learned my satelitte remote control to netremote. can i build a file or i believe a ccf?? THE PICTURE of a tv remote in the manual does not have nearly all the functions i want or need

tmorten
August 26th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Although there is some learning curve involved, NetRemote Designer lets you create new buttons and associate functionality with them, so you're not limited to what is already provided. NetRemote Designer is a stand-along program to graphically layout screens, and is a companion tool to NetRemote.

You're correct that the CCF is just the file associated with your layout.

Cheers,
Tim