PDA

View Full Version : Any word on the next release of Netremote?

davidsetton
August 18th, 2010, 10:57 AM
When can we expect the next release of Netremote?

tmorten
August 18th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Point releases aren't on a schedule, but when Rob or Ron have any significant bug fixes, a new version gets prepared to provide those. I'm not sure if they have changes pending at the moment, so I'll leave it to them to chime in if they do.

As for the next major version release, there is some exciting work going on, but there haven't been any formal announcements as yet.

Best,
Tim

Barf
August 19th, 2010, 05:42 AM
According to http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16730, on May 16 Rob H expects the next release "some time in the next two weeks...". I really look forward to a sensible NetRemote.GoPage()-function (since over 3 years now).

In the long/mid-time span, I would be very interested in a "roadmap", just to determine if it is wortwhile investing any more time...

justinm001
September 1st, 2010, 11:33 AM
according to http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20307&page=4 Rob H was planning the new release to be within the month of July. I understand things happen and this was just an expected date but it would be great if we just knew another expected date.

tmorten
September 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
I'll leave it to Rob to chime in when he has an opportunity -- he may still be working out some wrinkles.

Cheers,
Tim

Ron
September 2nd, 2010, 10:30 AM
We've decided the next release should have one extra feature. We are currently working on that. We don't have a date at this point.

justinm001
September 22nd, 2010, 01:23 PM
Any updates about the release??

Ron
September 22nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Sorry we've had a delays due to work on a secret project. That project has now received clearance from the powers that be and will be announced hopefully next week. At which point NR development can continue again.

justinm001
September 22nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
understandable, any guess for the release of the next NR? weeks, months, year?

Ron
September 22nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
I'd rather not guess :)

yamy125
September 22nd, 2010, 11:45 PM
We've decided the next release should have one extra feature. We are currently working on that. We don't have a date at this point.

Slider snap/jump to touched position by any chance? :)

vettemanV8
September 28th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Sorry we've had a delays due to work on a secret project. That project has now received clearance from the powers that be and will be announced hopefully next week. At which point NR development can continue again.

Any word on the secret announcement??
Thanks

Ron
September 28th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I'm working on it as we speak. There are two different versions of the piece below...

pfeifer
September 29th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Only hardware news :-( .....

justinm001
September 29th, 2010, 07:41 AM
What is it? Like a USB-UIRT??

Ron
September 29th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Yes it's an infrared transceiver with a built-in keyboard emulator. Meaning you can hook up external buttons to control your computer. It also will come in a user extensible version allowing the engineers/tinkerers amongst us to extend it's features (see the header in the photo) The MCU is an Atmega, so lots of code available out there.