PDA

View Full Version : Assigning a image variable to another frame

VSDomotics
August 20th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Is it possible to assign an in NR existing image variable to another frame. I have a button with an imagevariable assigned to it. It gets its value (picture) from Girder. Is it possible, when I click this button, to assign the same image variable to another frame. So without sending it again from Girder.
In this way I can select from multiple small pictures (camera images) a picture which is enlarged showing in another larger frame.

The reason I like it this way, is to save bandwith over a satellite connection. The picture only ghas to be sent once.

dsmes
August 24th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I vaguely remember wanting to do the same thing and the answer was no, you cannot 'read' a NR image variable into NR Lua name-space. I think what I did as a workaround was to have Girder copy the image to a NR Lua variable and then have a NR Lua script write from the Lua variable to the NR Image variable. Since the image is now a local (NR) Lua variable, a similar script can write it to a different frame with a different NR image variable name.

VSDomotics
August 24th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Thank you dsmes. I'lll have a look at your workaround.
This is probably all the answers I get. The staff seems to be on a long vacation.