PDA

View Full Version : 3 years since I last used help please!

jonrigg68
August 28th, 2010, 05:54 AM
I have a "very" simple requirement:

I have a windows XP Pro pc in the playroom running Girder 5 WHP, to this pc is connected a USBirt which can control a sky HD box. I also have a monsoon Hava player for watching Sky on any pc in the house. UNfortunately Monsoon do not do a sky "remote" controller!

Upstairs I have a windows 7 home premium running hava player to watch TV from the Sky box in the playroom.

What I wanting to do is to get a very simple remote for simply controlling the channel selection, but sending events to the Girder in the playroom telling it to send the nesecary IR codes. I have tried looking at netremote designer and it baffles the hell out of me, can any help point me in the direction of how to send such commands?

thanks

tmorten
August 28th, 2010, 10:59 AM
It sounds like your plan is:
1. In NRD: Create a button
2. In NRD: Associate an action with the new button to send an event to Girder
3. In Girder: Respond to that event by triggering the desired IR code

Are you asking how to assign a "send event to Girder" action with a button using NRD interface?

Cheers,
Tim

jonrigg68
August 28th, 2010, 11:16 AM
all sorted!

only problem is I have to create the CCF on the xp machine then copy to the win 7 as designer doesnt seem to work on w7, but all working a treat now!

thanks

jonrigg68
August 30th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Just tried to use my original key, and realised that it was for NR v1, where can I download the original? Seems a bit steep to pay $20 again just for 9 buttons to send commands to GIrder WHP which I also bought.

is there any development on going with Net remote to make spending the money worth while?

thanks

tmorten
August 30th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I'm not certain whether 1.x remains available, but contact support@promixis.com and they will have a definitive answer for you.

For a list of enhancements in NetRemote 2 over NetRemote 1, read this thread: http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18405

With regard to development moving forward, there are some exciting things brewing, but no announcements have been made with specific dates/prices/features. Obviously, we hope that the improvments between 1.x and 2 are enough to warrant upgrading, independent of any future versions.

Cheers,
Tim