PDA

View Full Version : NRD Lua Interactive Console (LIC)

harleydude
October 6th, 2010, 10:00 PM
In previous versions I was able to insert print() statements into my Lua code to print info to the LIC. With version 2.0.0.17 of NRD I do not see anything showing in the LIC.

Any ideas?

Barf
October 20th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Works for me, so it appears not to be a generic problem. Try a very simple example, and/or on the supplied ccf/lua files.

harleydude
October 20th, 2010, 09:25 AM
This one is very frustrating for me at the moment. I have resorted to using frames with NR variables in them to debug code. When I open the LIC, it opens in manner that does not allow it to be resized or moved. The only thing that can be done is select the X in the top right to close it. Once I do that, the LIC will not open again unless I restart NRD.

tmorten
October 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
For the first problem you mentioned (nothing in the LIC), are you still experiencing that? That might imply that the LUA engine failed to start for some reason.

For the second problem (not being able to move the LIC), check your registry:

1. Run RegEdit
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Promixis\NetRemote Designer\MenuBars\BarManagerData\$DockManager\Pane ls

For me, the LIC was Item3. It looks like there are a number of settings in the "options" sub-key. Perhaps those got set incorrectly somehow?

Best,
Tim

harleydude
October 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks Tim.

Playing with the various registry settings I was able to get the LIC to be docked at the bottom like the rest. It now pops up when I move the mouse over the tab and displays debug info.

Thanks!!! :)