PDA

View Full Version : Windows Phone 7

speedbump49
October 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM
With Windows Phone 7 launch coming tomorrow, Oct 11, is there any official word on NR support for this platform?

justinm001
October 11th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Doubt it. netremote doesn't support winCE 6.0 and that's been out for a while. Chances are that winCE 6.0 is the same as WP7 so once they support CE wp7 should work. They're working on winCE6.0 but it seems they're taking forever

tmorten
October 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Windows 7 Phone is a completely new OS - not related to WindowsCE at all. For now, the best way to get a control interface going on any of the newest platforms (iPhone/iPad/iPod, Android, and Windows 7 Phone) is to use the Girder webserver. It is capable of generating a control interface comparable to NetRemote, and will run in any modern browser. I highly recommend it!

Cheers,
Tim

justinm001
October 14th, 2010, 06:57 AM
I was assuming that winmobile6 and windows CE5 were on the same platform (.net framework) whereas wp7 and CE6 would be on the same newer platform. I'm not a software development guy but with MS that seems to be the case with all their other programs.

tmorten
October 14th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Windows Phone 7 is Microsoft's answer to the iPhone, and is brand new development building off of the Zune HD interface. It looks like it will be great, but it is a whole new ball of wax for app development.

Cheers,
Tim

Mastiff
October 19th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Which means that I'll be on 6.5 for the forseable future... ;) I want the full NetRemote usage, like I've been using it for many years now. Not to mention that I have my perfect (at least for me) working CCF that does everything I want it to. Well, at least I won't have to buy a new cell phone for the next...30 years! :rolleyes: