PDA

View Full Version : Any one else have this problem?

mpg732
November 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM
I have been using Netremote for a few years now on multiple computers all running different versions of window XP. Mostly Pro and media center. I am running the latest version of Netremote, Media Bridge, Netremote Designer and Girder 3. It seems like Netremote runs great for a few months and then slowly goes bad. Netremote will start losing connection with Girder causing me to have to restart Netremote. Netremote Designer starts locking up when saving and also starts corrupting the saved file. Both Netremote and Netremote Designer starts running slow. Things like that. To solve the problem I have to reload windows and reinstall every thing. Any Ideas on why????????????????????????

Mike

tmorten
November 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
I have likewise run NetRemote for years, and have not experienced what you describe. If you can narrow down any of the issues you're experiencing to a specific trigger besides the passage of time, I may be able to help. Let me know...

Cheers,
Tim

mpg732
November 22nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Its mostly like I said, not one particular thing goes wrong. Just a few little things hear and there. For an example a very common one would be when I press/click on a button, The usbirt will flash like its sending a code, but non of my AV equipment will respond to the IR command. To fix this, I have to restart Netremote and Girder, then every thing runs fine for a few days to a few weeks. The Netremote creator program. That seems to cause alot more problems for me. A lot of time when shutting down, it takes like 30 seconds or more to shut down, or I will get the windows error, or program not responding. Also it seems right around the same time the programs does seem to corrupt the save file. Then the file will not load into Netremote or the designer program. So I have to make sure I keep making a back up so I don't lose everything.

This time Right before I reloaded window's, I did noticed that the hard drive was in need of a defrag. Can this be causing some of the problems??

tmorten
November 22nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Fragmentation would impact performance of disk operations, but should not cause errors.

USB-UIRT getting into a bad state is a new one for me - any other users experiencing this? I wonder if it is a system configuration issue or a software issue.

The NetRemote Designer issue sounds more likely to be a software issue; hopefully you will notice a pattern for what action in NRD causes the bad behavior.

Cheers,
Tim