PDA

View Full Version : Need help

mpg732
November 22nd, 2010, 12:14 AM
Ok if you guys read my other post about issues with Netremote after running a few months... I just reloaded windows and reinstalled Netremote, Useing all the same files that I had before, Now, no matter what I do, Netremote keeps sending a repeat of the IR mute command for my amp. If I send a test command in Girder, every thing works fine, it sends the mute command 1 time. If I send the same command from netremote it sends it twice. I have deleted and recreated, changed names of the command, and every time netremote sends it twice. It only does this for mute.

Any Ideas????

Mike

tmorten
November 22nd, 2010, 11:46 AM
What device are you using to output IR? Does any other software that you are running access this device? Do you have repeat disabled in the NetRemote IR plug-in? What is the hex for the IR code that you are sending?

Thanks,
Tim

mpg732
November 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
I am using the USBIRT to send Ir Command. I am running JRiver Media center but I do not have it set to use the USBIRT. The strange thing is I went into Girder, Just to try and trouble shout this, I deleted the command and recreated it, when I send the test command from with in Girder the USBIRT flashes once and the mute on my amp will toggle as it should. When I go to Netremote and have it set to send an event to girder, click on the button The USBIRT flashes more then one. In the button properties, I have it set to send an event to Girder only once. Keep in mind as well these are all the same files I used before I reloaded windows. Never had this problem before. All my other IR commands seem to be working fine. This is a strange one. The other thing I noticed is if I change the button property to send an event to Girder on release. When I click on the button it will crash and shut down Netremote....

tmorten
November 22nd, 2010, 02:37 PM
The crash, and your other post about your USB-UIRT periodically getting into a bad state make me wonder if there isn't a driver issue of some sort.

What setting are you using on the plug-in (File | Settings | Plugins | Infrared | Properties)?

Thanks,
Tim

mpg732
November 22nd, 2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the quick reply,

I will check when I get home on the settings. You brought up a good point about it may be the USBIRT. I always check for up dates on Girder and Netremote, but I haven't updated the USBIRT driver and plug in a long time. I will compare what drivers and versions when I get home tonight.

mpg732
November 22nd, 2010, 09:25 PM
ok I just checked, I am useing the latest driver and Plug-in for Girder. For you other question, I am doing all my IR through Girder. So I have nothing set up in the IR plugin with in Netremote. The Hex I am sending from Girder is R0309815780AD1516154115161541154115411541151615411 51615411516151715161516154115161516154115411541151 6151715161541154115161516151615411541154115

mpg732
November 22nd, 2010, 10:56 PM
just did some more work, first i found the codex for my reciever, second i have verafied that when I click on a button in netremote, Girder is sending the IR command twice. I tired uninsstalling Netremote but that didnt solve my problem

tmorten
November 22nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
You listed an "R" at the beginning of that hex code, but I assume that was just a typo?

What are your plugin settings for the IR plugin (File | Settings | Plugins | Infrared | Properties)?

Also, just to confirm, this only occurs with the IR code that you posted - your other codes work fine?

Finally, are you certain that you have only a single action associated with the button?

Thanks,
Tim

mpg732
November 23rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
The IR code posted is no longer being used, I went online and DL the codex from Yamaha. Just to make sure it wasn't the learned IR code causing the problem.

I'm guessing the IR plug-in settings for the IR plug-in (File | Settings | Plugins | Infrared | Properties) your asking about is with in Netremote program. To answer your question, I don't have any thing set up for that, all my IR is done from girder. I use "send an event to Girder" for all my IR buttons with in my CCF. Yes, it seems to have a repeat effect to all my buttons. The repeat is so quick that I believe most of my devices are not effected by this. I can tell you when I used the test command with in Girder the USBIRT sends a quick short blast, when I click on a button with In Netremote to send the same IR, I get a longer IR blast from the USBIRT. And before you ask, when I set up Girder and learned all the IR commands, I do change the Setting with in the USBIRT plug in to only send the command once.

And yes I only have one action associated with thos buttons.

One more thing to bring up. I started off using your media center ccf that comes with Netremote. I changed a few things to to customize it to how I need it to be. I haven't changed the LUNA file, is there any thing in their that might be causing this problem.

tmorten
November 23rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Okay, so if I understand correctly, you're saying the following:
1. You are using Girder to control your USB-UIRT, using events from NetRemote as the trigger
2. You believe that all IR commands are being repeated but that this is the only command where the device is responding adversely

Perhaps more than one event is being generated in Girder - can you verify in the Girder log that this is not the case?

mpg732
November 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
It seems now that I have investigated a little more; is that all the commands are doing this. If I add a new button and have it send an event to girder, I still get the same results. So new and old are doing the same thing. When I get home tonight, I'm going to create a whole new CCF and see if I get the same results. I will also look into the Girder Log and see..

mpg732
November 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I tried to uninstall Netremote and reinstall it and I see that some of my settings returned. How do you completely remove Netremote from my computer. Where is that Hidden file I need to delete after uninstalling Netremote.

I am out of ideas on how to fix this. I am using the same files that were used before the reload and I didn't have this problem before. So something must have gone wrong during the installation. I would like to remove the program and all its settings and retry this.

tmorten
November 27th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Did you establish whether two events were being transmitted to Girder by looking in the log? To answer your question, NetRemote writes a number of settings to the registry. You can delete that section of your registry if so desired. Just open regedit and search for NetRemote.

Cheers,
Tim

mpg732
November 27th, 2010, 12:27 PM
You know I could never fine that log. I am using Girder 3, were do you find that log.

Mike

mpg732
November 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Ok just uninstalled every thing, deleted every thing in the regedit. Reloaded Netremote ans all the girder settings with in Netremote was still their. Also from with in Netremote, I deleted the instance for the Girder plugin, and it crashed Netremote. Reopened the program and all seems to be working. I also noticed if I set a button to send an action to gider when released, every time I click on that button, it crashes Netremote.

mpg732
November 27th, 2010, 02:26 PM
OK now this is very strange. I went into girder and deleted all IR commands dealing with Volume, Including Mute. I saved the changes, however if I mute the amp with the manufacture remote, every time I open and close Netremote, it unmutes my amp. Were are these commands coming from???? Why when I open and close Netremote it sends out an IR command. This happens on all CCF's. I never used anything but Girder for IR command,

tmorten
November 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Sounds like your setup has some issues. There is nothing inherent in NetRemote that would cause this.

Cheers,
Tim

mpg732
November 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Ok a little more info, Every time Netremote comunicated with girder, girder would send out the correct command plus a secondary command, to set my amp EQ to ROCK. This is why I was having the mute issue. I deleted that command and all works fine. The thing is that I never had that command maped to any buttons on Netremote. So I have no idea on why this was happening. Any ideas on why? Was this Netremote or Girder? Girder even set this command on start up and shut down of Netremote.

tmorten
November 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Interesting; I suspect we'd have to replicate your setup and reproduce the behavior in order to understand its cause.

mpg732
November 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Yes very interesting to say the least. It was strange that when you open and closed Netremote, Girder would receive a command for Netremote to send out that IR command. IS it normal for Netremote to do something like that on start up and shut down? I could not find any settings with in Girder to send out the double IR commands upon receiving Commands from Netremote.

Due to the fact that all my AV equipment is in a closet, I didn't realize until I was watching a DVD that the sound settings were wrong on my AMP. This was very frustrating to say the least. Well at least I got it working....

tmorten
November 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Glad to hear that your issue is solved; that behavior is definitely not normal.

Cheers,
Tim