View Full Version : Looping cleanup

February 18th, 2011, 10:41 AM

I can't figure out how to do the following:

I have a looping, containing 8 items.
The looping consists of a MP.GAC[0].Items[LoopIndex] and is set to 1 column and 8 rows.
From a button the command is executed to fill these items with album names starting with "C" (without the quotes).

If more than 8 albums are found, all the items show an album name, and eventually I can scroll down to see the rest of the names.
So far, so good.

If another command is executed to fill the items with album names starting with "X" (again without quotes), and only two albums are found, the first two items contain the album names, starting with "X", but the remaining items still show the names from the first command, so starting with "C".

What I am looking for, but cannot find, is a way to cleanup the looping, before executing another command to fill the items with new found album names.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

February 18th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Look at some of the other examples of doing what you are doing. You need to set states for each frame for each item of the loop. One state will be visible and show the items that you populate. The other state will be hidden if no data is required. As you loop thru the data you will hide the frames that will not be required.

The 2 mce skins that ship with NetRemote will show examples of what you are looking for.

February 19th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks, it is working now!