PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Dish Codes

AdmSaltyDog
February 20th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Here's what I posted on the Troubleshooting Fourm at USB-UIRT. Any help would be appreciated.
-------------------------------------------------------
I cannot get my Dish Remote to work with NetRemote, using USB-UIRT. I use the learn feature in NetRemote, it captures the codes, the codes transmit, but nothing happens. Not even one button works.

My Dish remote is IR only and does work just fine on its own.

I've tried every set of alternate IR codes I can find, but none work at all.

I tried the more than useless Dish support and was told "We only have the codes 1 through 16". Grrr

Any advice on what I need to do would be greatly appreciated.

Just so you know, all my other remotes work just fine when I "learn" the codes into NetRemote.

++ Update ++
I also tried using the codes from my TV's remote (after setting it to use the proper code for Dish). The TV's remote codes work from the remote to control the Dish, but not from NetRemote. When I compare them to what I had been trying before, they are completely different than the others.

++++ Another Update ++++ (I am no longer sure this applies)
I guess self-support is the answer for the impatient...

It appears that the Dish remote uses 56k. If I had know that ahead of time, I would have purchased the USB-UIRT/56k instead of the one without.

++++++ A Third Update ++++++
I used IRNHELPER to learn and test the codes. I got a completely different set of codes, this time, but... they all test correctly within IRNHELPER. I copied the codes to NetRemote and NONE of these new codes work there.

mpg732
February 21st, 2011, 11:23 AM
Have you tried finding the IR codes online? Copy and paste the IR codes in... Try to find then on remotecentral.com. Then you will know if its the IR codes or a learning issue. I have found that some remotes are much harder to learn with the USBIRT then other remotes.

I have found many IR codes from downloading the Pronto Editor and then downloading sample remotes. Need to learn a bit on how to find the IR codes, but they are there.

AdmSaltyDog
February 21st, 2011, 12:41 PM
The learned codes work with USB-UIRT when using Irnhelper, but not when I paste them into Netremote, so it seems to me that the problem is with NetRemote somehow.

I have spent at least 20 hours searching for codes online and the only codes I can find are the "discrete on" and "discrete off" which are posted on remotecentral. Remotecentral does have some other files that appear to have the codes, but none in the long Hex format.

tmorten
February 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM
If the codes are working in irnhelper and not NetRemote, then there must be something different about the transmission. There aren't a lot of parameters exposed to us, so I would try experimenting with different repeat rates and see if that has any impact.

- Tim

AdmSaltyDog
February 21st, 2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Tim. I had seen mention of "repeat rates" before, but I can't find any way to set that. How do I set a repeat rate?

tmorten
February 21st, 2011, 07:24 PM
From the File drop-menu, select Settings, click the Plugins tab, expand the Infrared instances, right-click on the instance you want to edit, select Properties.

Cheers,
Tim

AdmSaltyDog
February 21st, 2011, 11:32 PM
From the File drop-menu, select Settings, click the Plugins tab, expand the Infrared instances, right-click on the instance you want to edit, select Properties.

Cheers,
Tim

When I do that, my Infrared instance is Direct and I can't put in a repeat.
The only option that gives me a repeat is GlobalCache and that generates an error about communicating with the server. I am not using GlobalCache.

I am using this on Fuji Stylistic standalone.

Am I missing something?

tmorten
February 22nd, 2011, 09:43 AM
Sorry; I misunderstood your setup. In that case, you can just trigger the same code multiple times from the same button to accomplish a repeat.

Cheers,
Tim

AdmSaltyDog
February 22nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
Sorry; I misunderstood your setup. In that case, you can just trigger the same code multiple times from the same button to accomplish a repeat.

Cheers,
Tim

I tried what you suggested trying between 1 and 10 repeats and got nothing.

I just wish I could find some codes that someone else has gotten to work. I've tried all the codes for the only other one I could find (the ViP722), but no joy... I have a ViP211k, if that matters.

tmorten
February 23rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
From a bit of reading, it sounds like Dish standardizes codes across their receivers. If that's correct, these codes might work: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/dish_network/sattelite_receiver/

Let me know...

Cheers,
Tim

AdmSaltyDog
February 23rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks again, but I've already tried those using all the suggestions so far.

tmorten
February 23rd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Are there any other IR devices that you can successfully control using NetRemote?

AdmSaltyDog
February 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Yup. So far, all I've tried are my main TV and the Dish box. The TV works just fine with NetRemote.