PDA

View Full Version : NR3 and custom VNC server?

Mastiff
April 9th, 2011, 05:01 AM
I read in an old thread about a planned NR 3 with a custom VNC server, so it could run on just about everything. Has that been shelved, or is it still on some time?

If not I'd be very happy if the Girder HTML5 (or was it HTML4?) designer could happen soon, since I'd love to design pages with Girder's webserver, but I'm totally useless with stuff like that if I can't use a designer. I can make a lot of fun stuff with the NR Designer, which is why I love it so much. :)

mpg732
April 9th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Look at SPLASTOP app for RDP if you are using and IPOD, IPAD, IPHONE. Its a great app for what your trying to do. It works a lot better then VNC and the nice thing is when in use it doesn't kill your pc screen.

tmorten
April 9th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Integrated VNC is still something that we're looking at, but there are some challenging integration issues to be solved.

Best,
Tim

Mastiff
April 9th, 2011, 12:47 PM
mgp732, I'm sure you mean well, so thanks! But I wouldn't be seen dead with anything with a half eaten fruit on it! ;)

Tim, understandable. But that means that there is still an NR 3 in the works?

tmorten
April 9th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Assuming the integration challenges can be solved, VNC is something envisioned for a future release of NetRemote... I'm not sure whether it would garner a point-release or a full version.

Best,
Tim

jwilson56
April 9th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I would not personally have a problem paying for an upgrade for NR3 if it did have the ability to work via VNC with Android and iPhones. Just my opinion.

mpg732
April 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM
JUST FYI, SPLASTOP does work on some Android clients

jwilson56
April 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I use this one on my Droid 2

http://www.xtralogic.com/rdpclient.shtml