PDA

View Full Version : Remote config files

wedgehog
May 26th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Hi Guys, having created a remote in Girder, is it possible to transfer the config to a girder on another machine without having to go through all the remote creation again and possible using a different button for something by accident? I have tried to find a config file with the same name as the remote I created, but I can't see one. Thanks.

wedgehog
May 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Helloooooooooooooo knock knock, anyone on this forum??

Ron
May 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Who's there?

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?20453-Backing-up-Girder&highlight=backup

wedgehog
May 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
A customer with a question

Ron
May 27th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Did you see the link I posted ?

wedgehog
May 27th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Sorry Ron can't say I did, I thought it was part of your sig, a link to the rules or something. I will check it out.

Ok read it, that's not what I am asking mate. I have girder on this machine and the one in my lounge, I have been setting up some software to work with one of my remotes on this machine, but the software is for use on the other.
I saved the GML and moved it to the other machine but when I go to asigne the remote, it's not listed, and I presume I have to use the wizard to create the remote on that machine also.
Is there not a config file somewhere on this machine which the data for the remote I created is in, that I can just move to the other machine, so my remote is available without going through it all again?

I don't realy want to write the whole backup of the girder system to the other machine as I have things on that girder which are not on here.

wedgehog
May 27th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Did you catch what I said above Ron?

Ron
May 27th, 2011, 12:53 PM
No looks like you edited that after I read your original response. The ir data is stored in a filed called irdata.db in your Girder config directory.

To find your Girder config directory type

print(gir.GetConfigDirectory()) in Girder's interactive lua console.

wedgehog
May 27th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I thought that was the case :-) Thanks Ron I will check that out.

wedgehog
May 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Nope, not in there mate

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/Wedgehog/Girder.jpg

I also did a search on the computer for that file, Nothing mate.

Ron
May 27th, 2011, 02:18 PM
go one dir up, not in config but in '5'.

wedgehog
May 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Nope, the 5 and the Girder folder are empty, this is version 4.0.5.1 Ron, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Ron
May 27th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Girder 4 is really old. I honestly can't remember where it stores that. Check the '4' directory and check the Girder installation directory.

wedgehog
May 27th, 2011, 04:26 PM
So am I :rolleyes: