PDA

View Full Version : PIR-1: Learn function proving fairly poor

yamy125
October 9th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues attempting to learn IR codes via PIR-1 using 5.1 built in function for device? Out of the 5 remotes tried to date, only 1 completes through to 100% learn and population of CCF data. Others I need to press button multiple times to get additional progress, and that obviously results in undesired results.

Most are stopping at 55%, some at 50% and others at 5%. On additional button presses they progress slightly until reaching 100% and populating the CCF with inaccurate data.

I have a USB-UIRT also, and no issue at all learning the codes for the same remotes via that. I had just purchased the PIR-1 for testing and future installs, but the testing to date is not looking all that promising I'm afraid - hence wanting to check other user's experience with them so far and to see if there are known issues and fixes planned if so.

Cheers,

Tom

Ron
October 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM
The learning code still needs work. The USB-UIRT has about an 8 years head-start on us. We'll get better at that.

yamy125
October 10th, 2011, 03:37 PM
No worries. I was hoping that was the case, but just wanted to check I wasn't the only one seeing this.

Cheers

Ron
October 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Nope. We're working on it. Hopefully we'll have some improvements over the next two weeks.

Remoteer
November 18th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I recently purchased a PIR-1, expecting the learning function to be a lot better than it is. I have a 2-week trial of the Girder software and would really like to be able to confidently purchase at the end of that two weeks.

Right now, though, I can't get the PIR-1 to control anything...

Ron
November 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM
We've been working on improving this over the last two/three weeks and have made great progress. The new firmware is nearly done and uses a much improved way of learning signals. If all goes as planned I should have an update available on Friday.

If you trial runs out you can always contact sales@promixis.com and ask for an extension.

Remoteer
November 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I look forward to that update. Thanks!

rglennie
November 19th, 2011, 08:41 PM
My PIR-1 also stops at 50%.
Good to know I'm not the only one. On another note, does anyone have any sample code of controlling the PIR thru visual or Liberty basic?

Ron
November 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Alright, please have a look at this one:

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?21281-PIR-1-Firmware-Update-Promixis-IR-Studio

Remoteer
November 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Following your instructions, I loaded the new firmware onto the PIR-1 and was able to learn codes fairly reliably and directly in the Girder software (in IR Profile Editor). After that, figuring out how to code a basic web page to control everything was a reasonably easy task.

So, this is a success story...and yes, I am keeping the PIR-1 and purchasing a copy of Girder Pro.

Good work, Ron...and thanks!

Ron
November 25th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Thank you. I am glad we got this working for you!!