PDA

View Full Version : X10 Light turns on every morning then off 2 hours later

dwhiting
January 20th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I have Girder installed and am using a CM15 USB X10 transceiver. I have 2 ceiling lights using in line modules. One is A13 and the other is A14. I have no problems controlling both of these lights manually using hotkeys I associated with the on and off commands. The problem I am having is, the A14 light turns on every morning somewhere between 7am and 8am. When I leave for work at 7am it is off but by the time my girlfriend goes downstairs by around 8am the light is on. She leaves the light on but then every morning at exactly 9:29am it turns off and she then needs to turn it back on with the wall switch. I have checked the logs and there is never anything logged at the times the light is turning on and off. If I disable the On/Off commands for this light in Girder it does not happen. I have played around with the scheduler ahile ago but couldnt figure it out and I think that is when the problem started. I have since disabled the scheduler and reinstalled Girder several times but it is still happening.

Does anyone know what may be causing this and why it isnt being logged as manual triggers of the commands are logged.

Ron
January 23rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Can you disable Girder altogether and see if the ghost lives in the house instead of in Girder? Try it a few days to make sure.

Also when you do have Girder running have the Lua Console and Log Screens open.

dwhiting
January 23rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks for replying. I just had the light come on this morning with Girder running but with the affected light removed from the Component Manager. I then had my girlfriend shutdown Girder completely but the light still went off by itself at exactly 9:29AM. So now I guess the problem lies with either the CM15 interface or with outside interference? I guess it's not a Girder problem at all. Do you know if the CM15 has built in memory that "plays back" pre recorded macros, I know some X10 stuff has that ability. If so, do you know how to reset the CM15.

Thanks

Danny

AKsor
February 6th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Just Pull the cm15 out of the wall outlet and see if it still turns on.

If it does then its an outside interference.

A lot of people say no to use the M house code due to its timing some ac motors starting up can cause an interference that can mimic the M house codes.

Do you have any x10 motion detectors with the same house and unit codes that might be triggering the lamp?

dwhiting
February 6th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply. I've been meaning to update this as resolved. There was timer previously stored on the CM15 to turn the lights on at 7am and off at 9:30am everyday except Sat and Sun. I deleted the timer and now everything is perfect. I only installed ActiveHome to get drivers working and must've added the timer then not realizing it gets stored in the module and runs even if the PC is off.